//29: HNSCC//

The doctor finally discharges me from the hospital, telling me to take it easy and stay away from too much negativity. I scoff like I can, my whole life is surrounded by negativity. Denise is waiting in the car for me, her thumbs pressed to her temples and when she sees me she tries to hide her stress.

She open the door for me and helps me and slide inside, me throwing my papers onto the dash. She folds up the chair and throws it in the back, grunting with effort and then suddenly she's hoping back into the drivers side.

"Hi, what'd they say?" She asks in her motherly voice, which is quite reassuring with her English accent.

"Just a black out from stress." Her eyes soften as she leans over to kiss my forhead.

"You are such a precious girl and I'm so sorry all of this has happened to you. Let's go out for a spa day!" She says excitedly.

"A spa day?" I say skeptically.

"Yeah, it'd be so fun. But first we have to go get Matty from the courthouse."

I throw my head back, looking at the ceiling. "What did he do. I think I blacked out before I caught a glimpse of anything."

"Well he broke his jaw, and a few teeth off into his fist." My head immediately starts swimming with this immense pressure.

"And where's Tim?"

"Hospital. A few rooms down from yours." I shake my head, pinching my eyes shut.

"Let's get out of here." I say and she giggles, driving off.

___

When we pull up to the courthouse Matty is sitting on the steps with Louis right beside him, wrapping something around his hand and laughing about something. Marty's faces flushes when he sees my staring at him and I give him a weak grin tapping my head. He shakes his head and stands, Louis' hand trails after his in frustration until he sees us. He waves at us and they both jump down walking over to us.

Matty comes to the window and waits for me to roll it down before he leans in and kisses my forehead, resting his against mine.

"What did they say?"

"It was just a blackout, nothing serious. How's the hand?" 

He reaches up and grabs the side of my face with it. I can tell how bad it is by the look of his black fingers, swollen so bad you can barely see his fingernails still spotted with black nail polish.

"Have you gone to the hospital yet?" He shakes his head.

"No, but it'll be fine."

"That's not fine. That's far from fine."

"I just need to hold you right now, okay? Can we just go home?"

I look to Denise me she smiles.

"Yeah, get in." 

Denise literally speeds home making me brace my seat. Finally we're home and Matty gets my chair and helps me into it, wheeling me inside. He takes me out and carries me up. I'm always so surprised when he lifts me up with such grace and so effortless because he's so dainty and small.

He softly lays me down on the bed and slips his shirt off, getting in beside me. His hands come around me and his lips find my neck as his legs fall on mine. I fall into his body like it's meant just for me, which it is. I love this, it's just what I need after all this. I can still see specks of dried blood created into his skin but when I go to rub it away he grabs my hand.

"Don't."

"Why not?"

"I like it there."  I furrow my brow, not sure why he'd want blood caked to his face.

"It does make you look cool." He smiles and his eyes light up as he starts to him this soft melody.

"She says 'babe you look so cool."

"What's that?"

"A new song. Your song." I scrunch my nose, pressing my hand to the tattoo on his chest.

He begins to him again, this time adding more words to this new song.

"She had a face straight outta magazine//God only knows but you'll never leave her//Her balaclava is starting to chafe//And when she gets his gun he's begging, "Babe, stay, stay, stay, stay."