Scars

Slight Trigger Warning.

Red was listening to the news on the radio. "Today we have a tragic hit and run. Eighteen year old Mey-rin Smithson was killed today. A neighbor saw the girl on the ground and by the time an ambulance showed up, it was too late." Red pulled into her driveway and turned off the car. Poor kid. She got out and walked towards the door, but not before she saw Sebastian and Ciel on the couch through the window. Ciel was asleep on Sebastian's chest. Sebastian was running his hand through Ciel's hair. Red smiled at the sight. Ciel was smiling in his sleep. I haven't seen a smile like that in awhile. She opened the door quietly and shut it. She walked to the living room. Sebastian looked at her and whispered, "Should I take him upstairs." Red nodded, still smiling. Sebastian gently lifted up Ciel off the couch and carried him to his room. "Sebastian." Ciel mumbled. He wrapped his arms around Sebastian's neck as he climbed up the stairs. "Yes?" Sebastian said. "Thank you." Ciel said. He yawned and leaned his head on Sebastian. "For what?" Sebastian said. "Everything." Ciel said. His eyes were still closed. Sebastian smiled at him and walked into his room. He set Ciel down and kissed him on the lips. "Goodnight Ciel." He said. "Night." Ciel mumbled. He fell asleep and Sebastian shut his door. He made his way downstairs and into the hallway to leave. "Sebastian, I want to say thank you." Red said from behind Sebastian. He turned around and looked at Red, a little confused. "For what?" "I haven't seen Ciel smile like that since the fire. He didn't even smile like that when he saw me at the airport to pick him up. So, thank you." Red said. She walked over to Sebastian and hugged him. Sebastian was a little shocked for a second, but hugged back. "It's no problem. I really do like him." Sebastian said. You love him. You know you do. Sebastian had to push away these thoughts. Although he did love Ciel, he knew it was way too soon to be feeling that way. Red stepped back and smiled. "Sebastian, I want you to do something for me." Red said. "What is it?" "I need you to protect Ciel. From himself." She said. By now the smile was gone and replaced by a serious tone. "What?" Sebastian said. "Listen, his parents didn't know, but when I went to visit Ciel when he was thirteen, he was depressed." Red said. Sebastian suddenly got worried. "He had cuts on his arms. I only saw them because he was wearing a short sleeved shirt one day when he thought no one was home. I saw them and he made me promise not to tell. That he was getting better. And I believed him." Red said. Sebastian was saddened to hear these words. "Listen, don't let him know I told you okay? Just keep an eye on him. I already lost my sister and my husband. I can't loose him too. And he seems to have taken a liking to you." Red said. Sebastian nodded and said, "I'll look after him." Sebastian said. Red nodded and went back into the kitchen. Without her noticing, Sebastian walked upstairs quietly. He opened Ciel's door and saw that he was up. "Hey, what are you still doing here?" Ciel asked. "What are you still doing up?" Sebastian asked. Ciel shrugged and looked down. "Couldn't sleep. Which is weird considering I could a few minutes ago." Ciel said. Sebastian sat on Ciel's bed. "How about I stay here until you fall asleep?" Sebastian said. "Ciel nodded and lay back down. After a few minutes, Sebastian saw that Ciel was asleep. Before Sebastian left, he noticed that Ciel was wearing a short sleeved shirt. He took his arm lightly and looked at it. There were scars along his arm. Sebastian was looking at them, but one thing made his heart stop beating for a second. There were new scars on Ciel's arm. And Red said that he was cutting at thirteen. Ciel was seventeen. Oh Ciel.

A/n Poor little Ciel. 😞 Sorry to bring in some depressing things. I'll warn everyone about trigger warnings before it happens. 💖 you all! P.s Over 600 reads! Thank you!!!!