Lights Down Low-- Part 2

Tobias POV

"She's finally asleep." Tris says, trudging into the living room. She's dressed in my sweats and a tank top, her hair in a bun on top of her head. Rubbing her make up free face, with the palms of her hands.

Our three year old daughter, Noelle, gets very hyper at bed time. So when we get her to sleep, it's a miracle.

Tris comes and sits on my lap, snuggling into my chest.

"How are we going to do this with two kids? A crazy hyper little girl, and because you're the father, and very stubborn baby boy." Tris says, giving me a look and smirking a little.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I exclaim, watching my five month pregnant wife get off my lap, and stand in front of me.

"You're stubborn, and he'll probably be that way too." She says, smiling at me.

I get up and wrap my arms around her from behind. "You better take that back." I whisper in her ear making her giggle.

"Or what?" She teases.

I spin her around to face me, making her laugh even more. I love watching her laugh, the creases in her face, and the joy in her eyes.

"We'll be able to handle it." I tell her, and she looks up at me.

"You think?"

"Yes. Because we're excellent parents." I tell her, and she gives me a new look.

"Really?? Sound pretty confident there." She says, and get's out of my grasp.

"Hey, don't go to bed yet." I say and she turns, about to walk out.

"Why? I'm tired." She tells me, and i'm sure she is. She's home all day with our daughter, while being pregnant with our son. And i'm at work, unable to help her.

"Let's do something." I tell her.

"Like what Tobias? It's late and I'm--"

"Come on, learn to trust a little. Or at least go with the flow." I tell her walking over to our stereo, that we've had since before we were married.

"I go with the flow." Tris insists, crossing her arms, her pregnant belly growing below. I love looking at it every morning and every night. Telling Tris that he's growing everyday, and she always says I'm crazy.

"Yeah? Well.. Come dance with me." I say, putting on the song I want.

She laughs, then gives in. Walking over to me.

"What if we wake her?" Tris asks, taking my hand.

"We won't. But of we do, I'll put her to sleep this time." I tell her, and wrap an arm around her.

Baby turn the lights down low

We ain't got no place to go

Turn on the stereo

Barefoot, dance with me now, dance with me now

Gazing down into my wife's beautiful blue-grey eyes, I can see our entire past, present, and our future. All in that one look.

The day I proposed to her, the day she walked that aisle towards me in the flowing white dress. The day she told me she was pregnant, after being married for a year and a half. The day we welcomed Noelle Alexia Eaton into the family, the day before Christmas. And when she told me she was pregnant, just a few months ago.

And now I can see that we'll grow old together, our children will have our grandchildren. That our life will be splendid and blessed.

"Why do you always want to dance with me?" Tris asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. And refocusing on her words.

"I guess it means I just get to hold you even more. Another excuse to have you in my arms." I tell her, making her blush slightly, and smile up at me.

" I love you.." She whisper, resting her head against my chest.

"I love you too. "

Baby turn the lights down low

We ain't got no place to go

Turn on the stereo

Barefoot, dance with me now, dance with me now