Clarity

Tris POV

"Then just leave!" I scream, throwing my arms up in the air. Fed up with this constant routine of fighting, and shouting at each other.

"I should. But you know why I stay?? Because of Anthony. And the hope that our love is still somewhere in this." Tobias says, motioning with his hands.

"Anthony would be better growing up in a life where he gets to see both parents, without the arguing. Instead of living in a house where all they do is yell and scream." I say.

"Think of how he feels!"

"I do Tris! Everyday!"

Tobias turns around, not looking at me and runs his hands through his hair angrily.

"We just need a small break--" Tobias starts to say but I cut him off.

"No. I can't keep doing the breaks. We've been doing them for two years Tobias." I say.

"Then what do you want Tris? Do you want a divorce, is that what you're getting at??" He yells, turning back around and there's anger in his eyes.

"Mommy? Daddy?" I hear my four year old son say from the top of the stairs. I turn around to see him clutching his stuffed elephant that he got when he was born, and he's dressed in his hulk pajamas.

"Why you fighting?" He asks, walking down to us.

"Anthony baby..." I start, but what can I say to him? I can't lie to him, this is the reality.

"Mommy and I are working some things out." Tobias steps in, and crouches to be eye-level with him.

"Mommy and you don't love no more." Anthony says, hiding his face in his stuffed animal.

"No Anthony, we do. It's just complicated." I tell him, crouching next to him too.

"Is it becawse of my baby sister?" He asks looking at me, and I close my eyes. Taking a deep breath.

"You don't have a baby sister Anthony." Tobias tells him.

"Yes I do. Mommy, tewll him!" Anthony begs me, making me look at Tobias.

"Surprise?" I say more in the form of a question.

*

*

*

*

After we got Anthony back to bed, Tobias and I sit on the couch in the living room. Not speaking, not even looking at each other.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was pregnant." I say, breaking the silence.

"How far along?" Tobias asks.

"Two months." Making Tobias shake his head.

"You could have told me. Even if we were fighting." He says, and I look at him.

"I was scared." "Of what?" He asks, looking at me too.

"I was scared that you wouldn't want it. You wouldn't want another baby." I say. my eyes getting blurry with tears.

"Especially since we've been fighting." I say wiping the fallen tears off my face.

"Tris, baby." Tobias says placing a hand on my leg. It's been what seems like forever since he's called me 'baby'

"I would never say that I don't want this child. I thought you would know that." He says and I look into his eyes. Something else that I haven't done in so long.

"So you're not mad?" I ask, biting my lip.

Tobias smiles, "No." He tells me and kisses me. Soft and gentle like the way he kissed me when we first met. The way his kissed me on our wedding day, and The day Anthony was born.

Seven months later, I delivered a healthy baby girl we named Clarity Rene. Our daughter not only saved our family, but saved Tobias and I.

Anthony made us realize what we were doing, and Clarity brought us closer together.

A/N: Hey all! What do you think of this book??? I'd love to know, and how you like my other new story. I will try to update my others as soon as I can! Luv to all! ❤️