One Sweet Day

Tobias's POV

Sorry I never told you, All I wanted to say...

There were things left to say to you, things I never got the chance to tell you. I thought we'd have more time, all the time in the world. I thought that when it was all over, I'd have you by my side. And I'd always have the chance to tell you things.

And now it's too late to hold you, Cause you've flown away, So far away...

I know that you're in a better place, a wonderful place. But for me, down here it's too far. I can still feel you, but I wish that you were closer to me.

Never had I imagined, Living without your smile...

You could light up any room, and you lit up my life. Just seeing you I instantly felt better, safer, and seeing your smile- made me smile. Contagious... that's what it was like.

Feeling and knowing you hear me, It keeps me alive...

I can feel you with me, whatever I'm doing and wherever I'm going. And it keeps me going, the fact that my love for you is just as strong as it was when I could hold, keeps me going. Knowing that even though you're gone, you haven't left me.

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven, Like so many friends we've lost along the way...

I know that you're looking down on me, keeping me alive inside. The knowledge that I will see you again lives in me. It's hard now, but that's pain. That's grief. But knowing that this isn't the end of us.. that's hope. That's faith.

And I know eventually we'll be together, One sweet day...

The day that I see you again, will be the day that all of me will live again. The part of my heart torn, will be sewn. All the tears I've cried, won't be for nothing.

I took your presence for granted, But I always cared, And I miss the love we shared...

Sometimes I regret not loving you more. I loved you as much as I could, but sometimes I think that I could've loved you more. And that now... I don't have the chance. I loved you. I cared for you. You were my everything, you were what kept me going, you were my world.

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven,

Like so many friends we've lost along the way,

And I know eventually we'll be together,

One sweet day...

To my love, I will see you again. Soon, and when we're reunited... I'll never take you for granted. I'll show the amount of love I have for you, I'll show you how much you mean to me. How much I care for you. And how thankful I am for you. You saved me.

A/N: This song... love it. And instantly made me think of Fourtris.