I Will Fall

Tobias POV

Her body shakes as she packs clothes into her suitcases. Anything and everything getting packed, and pushed into the small cases.

Her lips move as if she wants to say something, but the words are trapped. Somewhere deep inside her, yearning to get out.

"Tris, would you please think about this for a minute." I plead, like I have for the last hour.

I didn't think she was serious at first, didn't think she'd actually do it. But once I saw the bus ticket and she begin to pack, I knew this wasn't some joke.

"I can't. I need to get out of here." Tris breathes out, her body heaving up and down- unable to get all the air she needs. Tears staining her cheeks, and she won't even look at me.

"Take a minute, just a minute to step back and look at this." I beg.

"Tobias," That's when she looks at me. A sadness and pain in her eyes that I've never seen before.

One that mixing with the way she says my name, makes me feel like I'm really going to loose her.

"You know I can't. "

"Do it for me." I say, stepping closer to her fragile body.

"I can't. I love you, I do. But I can't stay in this house. I can't live in this town anymore." Tris cries, touching my arm- sending chills up it like the very first time she did.

"What would your brother say?" I push, and she drops her hand.

"Don't."

"He wouldn't want for you to run, and hide. He'd want you to live the life that you still have Tris." I say, my voice getting louder and her cries stabbing me with hurt for her.

"He wouldn't want you to leave and throw everything away, just because of him.

"Don't you talk about him! You don't know what he'd say, what he'd want for me. And he's not here, I can't say here either!!" She yells, and she doesn't yell at me much unless I've been a real ass somehow.

"I know that this isn't what he'd want for you though. To be in pain, in suffering. "

"Stop!" Tris cries.

"Everyone goes through mourning, but Tris." I step closer to her, about to wrap my arms around her.

"Its better to have someone to mourn with, rather than doing it alone." And that's when she falls.

Into my arms, into my embrace. Her tears soak through my red t-shirt, and her arms snaking around me.

****

With all her clothes scattered on the floor, her suitcases dumped out and empty.

We lay under the cream colored sheets, and covered by the pink comforter. The shades drawn shut, and the only light coming from the lamp in the corner.

"He was only a year older than me, his life young just like mine." Tris says, drawing circles and other shapes on my bare chest with her finger.

We're tangled up together, and the past hour was spent getting through the worst of the tears, the pain, and just letting her know that she's not alone.

"How can I live my life, a life so close to his, when he didn't get to?" She asks, and I kiss the top of her head.

"Because that's the right thing to do. And that's how life works." I say.

"If it was the other way round, you'd want him to go on. Have a life, have a life with someone. " I add.

"You think my life's with you?" Tris asks, leaning on her elbows to boost herself up a bit.

"I know it is."

"You're gonna be there, no matter what?" She question.

"If you fall, I'll be there. I'll catch you." I say. "Or we'll fall together."

"Either way, I'm there for you. And Caleb is too. Just in your heart." I tell her, and she kisses me. A deep one with emotions wanting to be expressed and the best way is through this.

A/N: Not great... I'm not sure. :/ This song though... I love love love! It's pure beauty.