The Big News

[Calvin's POV]

          I was just playing some CS:GO, wondering if Kahlan would text back. I wonder what that phone call was about? What if it was something bad?! What if she had to leave Utah early? WHAT IF SHE GOT FIRED?! I then realized I was probably overreacting. The better question was, why did I care so much about her?

          I reassured myself. You're nervous for her because she's your FRIEND. However, I still felt that there was something more to the situation... and I didn't know what it was. Before I had more time to think, I got a sudden text.

[Kahlan] OH MY GOD i can't even text rn just call me

          I decided to call Kahlan. I could tell she was excited as soon as I got into the call.

          "OMG CALVIN. Okay, sooo, you know how I was supposed to stay in Utah for, like, 5 more days? Yeah, well, instead of about 5 more days... I'll be staying for about 5 more YEARS... I'M BEING TRANSFERRED TO UTAH!" she said. She seemed very excited to be in Utah. I wasn't really sure why, I mean, Utah's not that exhilarating. Then, I realized... maybe she's excited to be hanging out with ME?!

          "That's... awesome!" I said. On the inside, though, I was more like, "YESSSSSSSS." Then Kahlan had to end the call, because she knew her friend would karate chop someone's asshole if Kahlan didn't tell her the news. That's understandable. We both hung up at almost the same time.

[Kahlan's POV]

          I started a call with Jessi almost immediately after I left the one with Calvin. This was important.

          "OMG JESSI YOU WILL NOT BUH-LIIIIIEVE THIS. Sooo, y'know how I'm staying in Utah for, like, 5 more days?" I asked.

          "Uhhh, yeeeeahhhh...?" She answered unsurely.

          "Well, I'm being transferred for work to Utah. The dude who owns my company or whatever is gonna get me, like, some GIANT house or something to stay in. I'll be staying in Utah for 5 years," I told Jessi. I was scared she'd get super angry, since I would be leaving her by herself for 5 YEARS. She actually took it surprisingly well, though.

          "Omg, I am so happy for you! For real, I'm excited for you! You'll get to spend more time with your boyfriend, Calvin." she said. She knows that Kahlan x Calvin gets on my nerves. I mean, I liked him, but there's no way he liked ME back. I mean, we met because I barely had the courage to come up to him and say hi!

          "Jessi... you KNOW he doesn't like me back... I mean, why would he like ME? Out of all the people in the world, why me?" I questioned. I stared out my window. I do that when I'm starstruck.

          "Why would he like you? I don't know. You're cute, you're confident MOST OF THE TIME, you have the same sense of humor as him, you like the same video games as him, THE LIST GOES ON, GURL! THINK ABOUT IT WITH YOUR BRAIIIIINS!" she yelled into her poor little smartphone. Seriously, I felt bad for the built in mic on that thing. It's probably going to have, like, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from that.

          "Well, yeah, whatever. Plus, we barely know each other. We'd never go out," I explained to Jessi. 

          "Kahlan, if you're so sure, try this on him. Start talking about some dude with a frat boy name, like Jake or something. When Calvin asks who that kid is, say it's your boyfriend and you miss him very much. Keep talking about like his six pack or something, I don't know. If Calvin has a negative reaction, like disappointment, sadness, anger, jealousy etc., that means he likes you. If he doesn't give a shit, it will be PAINFULLY obvious. Emphasis on the pain, because your heart would know if he didn't care about your potential boyfriend," Jessi said. You know what? It's actually a good plan. 

          "Okay Jessi, I'll try that out. Hey, it's getting kinda late, I'm gonna call it a night. Bye," I said to Jessi.

          "Cya gurl!" Jessi said. Then we both hung up. You know, I may have to carry out Jessi's plan... you never know.

[BONUS: Jesse's POV]

          I don't understand why Kahlan doesn't wanna go out with Calvin. She has the BIGGEST crush on him. I mean, if she wants to ignore the love in her life, she can go right ahead. It's obvious Calvin has a crush on HER, too. I mean, why wouldn't he? Not only did he find a girl with a similar sense of humor to him, she also watches his videos AND she's cute. Like, limited time triple trouble, only available for 5 years?

          I patted myself on the back for that joke. That was a good joke. To be honest, though, I think 5 years is enough time for them to watch the sparks fly. I mean, if they don't get together in those 5 years, I guess it's nobody's fault but theirs.