The Coffee Shop

I drove down the road in my red, sleek mini van. I was never more excited in my whole life! I pumped up my favorite jams and as I drove down the street, I yelled, "I'M GOING TO BE HANGING OUT WITH CALVIN!" This was a YouTuber that I had admired since I subscribed to him at 25k subs, and I was about to hang out with him like he was a normal friend that I'd known for years. I finally made my way down to the coffee shop after what seemed like an eternity, I held my breath as I opened the door to the coffee shop, and walked in. My heart was pounding as fast as it had ever pounded before, a small trickle of sweat running down my forehead. Why was I so nervous? After all, Calvin was so nice to me earlier.

          Right as I stepped in, I could spot Calvin. His beautiful, dark brown eyes with his brown hair swooping in front of his face. I went to go sit down at his table, still nervous as hell.

          "Hey, what's up?" Calvin said. He said it so smoothly, like he wasn't nervous at all. That was probably because I was the only one in the room that was nervous.

          "Uhh, I don't know, I'm hanging out with you, I guess..." I said. I then realized the stupidity of what I said, and I kinda just cringed in my seat. To my surprise, though, Calvin laughed at my joke. Not like a full laugh, more like a "heh" but it's close enough for me... Then, I said something I probably never thought I would.

           "Uhm, hey, Calvin, this might be super weird, but uh, can we exchange numbers? Y'know, to keep in touch and stuff? Oh jeez, I'm so sorry, I don't want to make things awkward, I just-"

           "Yeah, we can exchange numbers," Calvin said. I was stunned, and I think it was sort of obvious, since I was staring at him. Then I realized I was blushing, and I tried to hide my face with my hair, but I don't think it really worked. Not long after we exchanged numbers, we both left, and as I walked out the door, I took a deep breath. Jessi is not going to believe this!