f o u r

"This is where you'll be for two days, but then you'll move somewhere else when the show starts." Abigail explained, letting Annie into a beautiful, large hotel room. Annie sighed, of course she'd be moved. Because why would she be in a beautiful, comfortable place for the duration of her stay?

  "Where will I be moved?" Annie asked, but Abigail looked away and picked up her purse she'd put on the side table near the door, "I can't tell you that."

  "What am I getting myself into? Are you willing to let me embarrass myself on television? Or maybe it's something worse than that. Why can't anyone tell me where I'm going or what I'm doing?" Abigail rolled her eyes, "Sorry, princess. This is show business."

  Annie just turned her back to her, hoping she'd leave her alone in her thoughts. When Annie didn't reply, Abigail heaved a sigh, and then Annie heard the door shut.

The second thoughts about coming here weren't good. This was something she'd been dreaming about ever since she was a child, and now she was here. So why was the only thing on her mind was going home?

She shivered, but the hotel room was reasonably warm. She thought she would make herself at home, and then explore the area of downtown Toronto, where Abigail had taken her.

She sighed, the first thing, of course, was to shower.

She didn't really know what else she could do, she didn't want to unpack, because that would be stupid if she was leaving again in two days. Living out of a suitcase really isn't her thing, though.

With a sigh, she went over to the closet, dragging one of her bags over with her. She swung the great big door to the side, but then gasped so loud she nearly choked.

The closet was as big as her bedroom back home, enough room for two people to lie starfish on their back side by side and maybe not even touch hands. But that wasn't what caused her to react so shockingly, it was the fact that the closet was already stacked with clothes, and to Annie's delight, winter clothes!

She was only outside for a short amount of time, going from the airport to the car outside, maybe ten feet from there, and then the car to the hotel, another ten or so feet, so she wasn't exactly sure of what would be best to keep her warm.

It was March, so it had to be a little bit warmer, right? She ran over to the window and peaked outside, there were so many people going around, Annie didn't know who to focus on. She noticed a woman first, with a little boy holding her hand. They both had gloves on their hands, and hats and giant jackets that made them look like overstuffed marshmallows.

But then she looked the other way and noticed a man and a woman, young, holding hands, and they only had on light jackets, no gloves. But they did have scarves.

Annie groaned and pushed away from the window. She went back to the closet and pulled out a pair of thick leggings, a tan coloured sweater with the numbers 67 on the back, and a red scarf. She shrugged, good enough. If she needed a jacket, she'd come back.

She smiled to herself as she set those down and then turned to the shower. Before getting in she noticed that Abigail had stuffed this place full of things, too. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body scrubs, the works!

She felt a pit drop in her stomach as she thought of Abigail. Maybe she was too hard on her...

By the time she got out of the elevator and was walking towards the entrance, she realized she still had to call Archie. She pulled her phone from her purse and speed dialled Archie's number, it picked up on the first ring.

"Annie! Finally! I've been waiting days for you to call." Archie complained on the other end.

"Shut up, it's hardly been two days." Annie laughed, stepping outside. The wind shocked her at first, but as she walked down the steps, she realized it wasn't too bad outside, although very windy.