Chapter Sixteen

~~~(Y/N)'s POV~~~

"Hey guys!" Toby called jumping up and down. He didn't have his mouth guard on.
"Hi, shall we go in the water?" I said feeling as if I was going to over heat at any second. Down side of living in the underworld for basically all your life, is that the temperature never really changes down there... So this sort of heat was completely new to me. I didn't seem to affect the others tho.

"Yay!" Toby yelled running over to an abandoned wooden dock and cannon balling into the water. I laughed and waded out into the water with Nina and Jane. Jeff jumped into the water and tackled Toby.
"Idiots." Nina said raising an eyebrow.
I waded back to the beach.
"Hey DN! Where ya' going?" Jeff called. I walked out on to the dock and dived into the water.

The cool water refreshed me as I broke the surface of the water.
"Awesome dive!" Toby cheered as I smiled.

"Thanks Toby." I replied whilst Nina and Jane cheered and Jeff clapped. 'Yes he saw!' I thought, once again, I mentally slapped myself.
I swam over to Nina and Jane.
"Where did you learn to do that!" Jane asked.
"I just practiced." I said. I would always go to the water springs with Clockwork. I leant to swim there.
"Let's play counter blade!" Nina said.
"Counter blade?" I said confused.

"Oh yeah, it's a game we made up for training purposes. Basically the players split into two teams and stand on opposite sides of the lake. One of the teams has knives and the other team doesn't. The half with knives has to throw the knives at the team without knives. The team in which the knives are being thrown at have to catch or dodge the blades. Then they have to throw the knives at the opposite team and they dodge them instead. So on so." Nina said whilst Toby bounced in excitement.
"Got it." I said wondering what would happen if the blade accidentally hit the persons heart, head or any other vital organ... Maybe they didn't consider that part...?

"I'll get my knives." Jeff said going over to what was probably his towel and he returned carrying three knives.
"Since there's five of us, we are gonna' have to use three knives." Jeff said wading back into the water. "So each time someone's either dodging two or throwing two." Jeff finished. The adrenaline pumped through me. This was going to be interesting.

"Girls vs Boys!" Jane shouted as Jane, Nina and I swam to the opposite side of the lake.
"I'll do the count downs!" Nina said.

(Incase your wandering this lake isn't that big. Like the size of a gyms swimming pool, but in the shape of a lake. Basically it's a massive pond XD Geographically it would be classed as a pond😂)

Toby and Jeff started with the knives. Jeff was holding two and I felt like he was eyeing me.
"Three, two, one... GO!" Nina shouted and before I knew it a knife was flying in my direction. I ducked and swam to retrieve it from the water. 'Piece of cake.' I thought.
Jane was frantically trying to find whereabouts her knife sank and Nina held a small scratch on her shoulder.

I held my knife above my head waiting for the signal.
"Three, two, one, Go!" Nina yelled and I threw my knife in Toby's direction. It pierced Toby's finger.
"Damn it DN your good at this game!" Toby said as he washed the blood away.
Toby held two knives this time.
"Three, two, one, Go!" Nina yelled. This time the blade slightly skimmed my arm I winced and grabbed the knife from the water.
"I CAUGHT ONE!!!!!" Jane yelled in triumph as she held the knife above her head.
"AHHH (insert curse word😅)!!!!! WHY DIDN'T IT KILL YOU!" Jeff yelled, dramatically throwing his arms up in the air.

~~~Time Skip to Evening~~~

We had been playing 'counter blade' for ages and it was actually quite fun. I had several scratches and Toby had a close shave with one hitting his eye, but luckily he was wearing his goggles.

"Guys lets go back to the mansion." I said as I got out of the water.
"Yeah, see you guys later." Jane said as she followed me out.
"Who made up that game?" I asked Jane.
"Jeff and I did, years ago now. We wanted to find an honourable way to kill each other." She said as she laughed.
"Should have know." I smirked as Nina ran to catch up with us.
"Today was great, I'm so glad you joined the mansion DN." Nina smiled.

I felt like I could burst into tears there and then. She shouldn't be glad. I'm getting her killed tomorrow. What have I done?

Thanks for reading! MAJOR drama in the next chapter so it may take a little longer for me to write. Almost 100 reads❤️ love you!💕
And DON'T try playing counter blade, I don't want to be responsible for someone's injury😁😂