Chapter Nineteen

This chapter is edited. As is Chapter Eighteen.

YOU CANT HIDE FOREVER!" Zalgo bellowed as Clockwork yanked me away.
"Clockw-" I started but she interrupted me.
"I've summoned a portal!" She cried.
"Wha-" I yelled but the worlds were taken right out of my mouth. The portal had consumed us both.

I groaned in pain and pushed myself up off the floor. I had lost so much blood I thought I was going to pass out.
Clockwork was also in bad condition. Her clothes were torn and soaked in blood, and her face and body was beginning to bruise.
"(Y/N), why did you attack Zalgo?!" Clockwork said as she scrambled to my side.
"I... " I started and then started to cry. I didn't know what to do. Not only had I got all my friends killed and then abandoned them, I had forced Clockwork to betray Zalgo and now she was in danger as well... What have I done?

"I'm so sorry Clock... I've got you caught up in all my crap..." I said. Clockwork pulled me into a hug. "(Y/N), your my first and only priority."

"What are we going to do? Zalgo will find us! Kill us! My friends are dying!" I said frantically whilst pulling at my hair.
"We can't go back (Y/N). I'm really sorry. I can't let Zalgo kill you. By the way, I got your bow." Clockwork said. I wondered whether she was trying to brighten up the mood. Not going to happen.

"Thanks." I murmured.
I cringed at the sight of my cuts, they could easily become infected. My foot felt like it was sprained after I was thrown back by the shock wave.
"Those look bad," Clockwork began as she examined my wounds. "I've got to clean them (Y/N), hold still..." She got a piece of fabric and wiped the wounds. It wasn't the best thing to put on it but it was all we had. "Thanks..." I said as she finished 'cleaning' my injuries.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.
"We will have to keep moving. We're not really safe anywhere." Clockwork said as she looked around.

I hauled myself to my feet and examined the area. It was beautiful.
"We could sleep in the trees I guess..." I suggested.
"Yeah. I'm afraid that we will probably never see Slenderman's group ever again..." Clockwork said looking at me sympathetically.
"Do you think what Slenderman said was true, about Zalgo stealing me when I was a baby?" I asked. Zalgo had told me Slenderman was the most evil being to have ever lived. However, he cared about his CreepyPastas like they were his children. Zalgo was the monster. Not the people at Slender Mansion.
"I have no idea..." Replied Clockwork.
It probably was true, how had I been so blind? I don't know... My first priority now was surviving and avoiding Zalgo...

Which proves to be much easier said than done...

~~~meanwhile at Slenderman mansion~~~

Jeff POV

I lay limp on the floor. My limbs burned and my surrounding were a blur. Zalgo left, leaving me and my friends for dead...
But nothing hurt me more than finding out the truth about DN... Well (y/n) now I guess... She betrayed us?! And then saved my life... The mansion is ripped to pieces... I don't know how many of my friends are still alive. I can hear them, but I'm too disoriented to call out. I don't think I could ever forgive (Y/N) for what she's done...

PLEASE READ: this is the final chapter of 'The Pains of Loving You' but I will be making a sequel! I think I will call it 'The Scars of Loving You'. I will release a notice on this story when chapter one is up! Thank you so much for reading this story and sticking with it. Even though my updates have not been very good lately... ❤️ I will see you in the next book!