Chapter 4 | Just a Foster Child

"I did not mean that, you pervert dirty minds." Elsa laughed and laughed with Emma.

"Well I'm sure Jefferson wouldn't mind it."

She had finally learnt the guy's name. Jefferson. The guy who kept tickling Elsa and flirting with her. And from the way Elsa's cheeks blushed at his mentioning, she seemed to like him too.

She was spending such a great time with Will, Killian, Elsa and Anna. She couldn't even eat with fear that some dirty joke would unexpectedly come and make her gasp her sandwich.

Anna got up to go to the garbage.

"Gosh! I'm so sore." She was referring to the 85 turns she had ran this morning.

"Of course you are." Killian teased her. Of course, referring to something completely different.

"Ha ha very funny." Anna said with sarcasm.

"Yeah Emma where did you learn to run that much?" Will told her.

"I used to run a lot when I was younger." She used to run with her old adoptive father every morning, she meant.

"Yeah congrats on 100 beeps Emma." Killian said, a warm smile on his face.

"You should be proud." Elsa said.

"I am." She turned her head to Anna. "Congrats to you too Anna. 85 is a lot."

"Well now compared to you, it's nothing." She laughed.

"Don't say that. It's a lot. If we keep comparing ourselves with the others we'll never be good right?"

"Yeah you're right. Thanks, Emma."

"So... Tomorrow's the party." Killian changed the topic, raising his eyebrow and giving her a look that she was sure was just to tease her.

"Yeah, I'm excited. Will, just be careful with drinks. We don't want last year to happen all over again."

"I'll make sure not to get that drunk again."

"He started break-dancing in the middle of the garden. The next morning, he didn't remember anything." Anna explained to Emma.

"I'll make sure Will makes it again so you can see it." Killian said tapping Will's shoulder. "But," - he looked at her and there it came the smirk again - "that will only be possible if you actually go to the party."

"You're not going?" Elsa asked.

"Ah? Oh- no... I have to stay at home. It's my brother's birthday."

It was not.

"But isn't Olivia going?" Anna asked.

Fuck.

"I-I just..."

"Oh, Emma. You know you could come, stay with us. I know you don't know everyone. But it would be fun with us, I promise."

"That's what I've been bloody trying to tell her." Killian warmly smiled at her.

"Oh come on, Emms. You don't wanna miss my break-dance, now do ya?"

Of course not, she laughed to herself.

"Yeah okay. I'll go."

She was really enjoying their company. They were just so nice. They cared about her, tried to include her.

---