Chapter 40 | My Home

| Decided to publish this chapter earlier because guys, this chap is VERY special 😂😏 some of you are dying to read it.
It's a 2.6k-words chapter for ya!

COMMENT EVERY THOUGHT THAT GOES ON YOUR MIND 😈

And pls read the A/N in the end!|

"Go to sleep you two, we can clean all of this tomorrow." David said after everyone had left.

"Good night dad, I love you." she said before hugging him in what was a very bone-crushing hug.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

She gained courage and approached Mary Margaret who was awkwardly standing next to David.

"Thank you for everything. It meant a lot to me."

"It was no problem, Emma, really."

Emma hugged her, making Mary Margaret let out a loud "Oh!" of surprise and both women laughed at that.

---

"I have these shirts... My pajamas have never been too girlish so I think you'll be okay with these." Emma said with a chuckle before moving her eyes from the clothes in her hands to him.

He was sitting on her bed, his elbows on his knees and his bangs falling on his eyes.

He wanted to scream what was going on.
He wanted to disappear.
He wished he had never met her, because he knew he was about to bring her pain.
He wished he wasn't in pain.
He wished everything would just go right for once.
He wished she had been the one.

The moment he noticed she had stopped talking and was staring at him, he quickly rubbed his hands like he had been all that time bent down just curiously staring at his hand. "You know I have something for you."

He didn't know if he could do it.

After the news he had gotten that day, he had told himself it would be just today and then he'd tell her. He wouldn't give her his present because that was just giving her more happiness.
Happiness that would be soon destroyed.

He reached for the small box that was in his pocket and handed it to her.

She took it carefully in her hands and sighed.

"I really don't like presents."

"Please, just take this one." He whispered, afraid that if he spoke, his voice would break. Because as much as I don't want it, it will be the last one.

She smiled, tilting her head to the left in an adoring way and looking at him, before opening the box.

The first thing that caught her eye was a ring. Whoa... Whoa whoa whoa.

"I..."

"Calm down, Swan. I'm not proposing." And he felt guilty when he laughed. "There's a string under this. It's a necklace. You put the ring in it."

He would let her notice it later.
He just couldn't handle saying it himself.

But then, she was pulling out the ring from the sponge and looking at it closely.
She noticed.

"You're my home." She read in a whisper.

He weakly smiled at her because that's all he could do right then.

He had thought about that quote a week ago. He never thought he'd be giving her this and then just break everything the day after.

"Killian? Oh God don't cry!" she laughed and cried at the same time, holding his face and pulling it against her neck. "I loved this." she said, her laughter gone now, her eyes glassy, while running her fingers through his hair.