Chapter 29 | Admit It

| SO IM NOT EVEN GONNA TALK ABOUT COLIFER CUZ YA KNOW DID MY EYES REALLY SEE ALL THAT? SRSLY STANNING JMO AND COLIN ODONOGHUE WAS THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE

HERES THE CHAPTER YOUVE BEEN WAITING TO READ|

Neal was a real kicker.

If her sleep was already light, if a single move would wake her up? Then sleeping with Neal Nolan wasn't sleeping at all.

And that's when she hears a bang.

Two black men enter the room, guns in their hands.
She sat up, jaw dropped.

Everything was happening too fast.
She couldn't breathe.

"Don't move or I'll kill the kid!"

"Wait-"

And then there was a shot, she heard Neal scream waking up from his innocent sleep, and then he was dead, blood running down on the bed and touching her. The whole bedroom walls were sprinkled with it, with her brother's blood.

"Don't move or I'll kill you too." She felt the gun right against her forehead. One single pull and she was gone.

And that's when she woke up gasping for air and reaching for her little brother.
He was okay.

She sat up, brought her hands to cover her face. She blinked fast, taking deep breaths.

She couldn't look around the room without imagining the whole scene again.

She got up, fastening her pace to get out of that bedroom and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water and simply take in what had just happened.
It felt so damn real.
The memory of the pain and despair so so real.

When she looked over the living room, where the couch was, she saw Killian sleeping on there.

"Killian!" She called for him once she got to him.

"Hum?" He groaned.

The only thing he had was a pillow and his head was pressed into it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She whispered.

"Sleeping."

He mumbled and fell asleep quickly again.
She just stared at him, not knowing if she should just bother him again or let him sleep.

Ten seconds after too much silence and her still staring at him, he sat up, sighing with heavy eyes.

"What are you doing awake?"

"Why are you sleeping here?"

"I asked first."

"No, you actually didn't."

He chuckled at that, running his hand through his hair before he spoke.

"Guess my father's bedroom is just as scary as I told your brother." He looked down, "I just can't sleep there."

"Then go to your bedroom. Neal is a kicker, but it's way better than sleeping on the couch."

"No, Swan. You go back there and I'll be okay. It's just one night-"