Chapter 6

It is 7:30 and I need to be at the potions classroom for 8pm so I decided to take a slow walk.

Most of the corridors are empty as it is nearly past curfew. When I finally reach the classroom it was 7:55pm, 5 more minutes without Malfoy. I walk in to see that Malfoy was already there. Draco Malfoy was early! And he arrived earlier than me, now there's something I didn't think would happen. I took a seat at the back, the furthest point from Malfoy.

We are sitting in silence until professor Slughorn walks in.

"Styles. Malfoy. Go to the first door on the left on the fourth floor. I expect you to clean the whole room before I get back. If you finish early I want you to remain In the classroom until I arrive. Your wands" he said reaching his hand out to take our wands

We hand him our wands and walk up to the fourth floor. I half expected Draco to go back to his common room and not do his detention. He is walking slightly ahead of me as he is taller than me and takes wider steps. When we reach the room it is a complete mess, how are we going to clean this?

I look over at Malfoy to see his face drop.

"How are we going to clean all this? My father will hear about this!" He says with his mouth wide open.

"Of course he will. And you're going to catch files" when I says this his mouth instantly closes. He looks at the room, picking up things with the tip of his fingers like they are diseased.

"We will never get this clean before Slughorn gets back." He stated with an annoyed tone in his voice.

"Calm down will you. I can cast some spells without a wand, one of those happens to clean things" I reply proudly and he carefully inspects me. I did the spell which made the room completely spotless, the room was beautiful now. Malfoy had been staring at me the whole time, this made me want show off even more.

"Now we have to sit here for ages until Professor Sluhorn gets back" when I said this he got up from the chair he sat on. He started wondering around and inspecting things. A dark box made from leather caught his eye.

"What's this?" He said. I know what this is.

"Draco don't touch.." I was too late. A skeleton hand, with sharp finger tips, appeared and cut down his left arm. He winced in pain, blood dripping from his arm making me feel uneasy. I ran up to him and grabbed his left arm to heal him. He hastily removed his arm from my grip but it was too late. I saw it, the dark mark. Harry was right he is a death eater. He looked away in disappointment. I could tell he didn't want to be a death eater, I felt sorry for him.

"Draco, it's ok it's only me. Let me heal you"

"What do you mean it's only me? Why aren't you reacting? Why aren't you screaming or running away from me to tell Potter?"

"Draco I'm not scared of you I know you won't hurt me, now let me heal you." I said. I put my hand out to look at his arm. He gave me his arm and I lifted up his sleeve. I look away, the bloods making me feel sick. I healed him without my wand. I haven't done that before, although I've tried it before it never usually works but this time it did, I wonder why?

"Thank you" he said as I looked up at him. He had already been looking at me, we had been looking into each other's eyes for awhile until his eyes wandered to my lips. Then realization hit us, we stepped away from each other and stood there awkwardly. Then professor Slughorn came in. I've never been so happy to see him, I could kiss him right now.

"Well, well, I didn't think the room would be cleaned this quickly. I'm impressed, 5 points to Gryffindor and 5 point to Slytherin. You may leave."

I walked as fast as I could to the common rooms. What a night.