Scorpion Den

"There it is!"

The Scorpion Den was just ahead. It surprised Current with how big it really was, but the streets looked fairly narrow. He wondered how SandWings walked down the streets without scratching one another with their tails.

They landed by the entrance, where a guard was standing, well... Guard.

Shade walked up to the guard, "hey uh... We just would like to ent-"

The guard looked at her "go screw yourself."

"Hey!" Current yelled, "no one talks to my girl that way!"

He looked at Current with the same look he gave Shade

"Huh, standing up for a friend, knowing you're at a disadvantage, go on in. Thorn would want to see you too."

He stepped aside, allowing them to pass. 

"Your girl huh?"

"Don't let it go to your head."

"The other three will have to wait outside."

Blizzard growled "W-T Frack?!"

"We'll be back Blizzard."

"Sure you will, that's what my dad said." Blizzard muttered.

They walked in, seeing scarred dragons, and lots of oddities in normal dragon tribes. 

Lots of dragons were staring at Current and Shade, but most were focused on Shade, like they were love struck. She was a beautiful, sweet NightWing, but he didn't understand, why her? It seemed like forever until they saw a vermillion red SkyWing, covered with scars, the odd thing about one of the scars was on his head, it was congruent on each side of the head, like something pierced through it.

"I-is this Thorn?" Current stammered.

"Ah, no that's Vein, he was discharged from the military after killing one of his men."

"His men?" Current asked, "have you been out in the sun too long?"

"No not like that, he's a sergeant, or was. But he still thinks he's a sarge."

"Death is always a suitable punishment for insubordination." Vein said with a gruff voice.

"No it isn't."

Current walked up to Vein, "I'm Current and this is Shade." 

"You mean a woefully inadequate SeaWing."

"Stop it." The guard said.

"And a fine hello to you ma'am." He pulled Shade's talon up and politely kissed it.

"Ooh." She said in surprise

Current looked at Vein with disgust "Yeah, the guard is right you better stop."

"Humph, square."

He walked away, Shade shot Current a toothy grin, with her talon still up, "Jealous?" Current chuckled, "if you want me to." 

"Come on. Thorn really would like to see you."

"Coming."