Dreams: Chapter 3

A/N WARNING: This chapter has A LOT of Spoilers!!!

Sans' POV

"His SOUL aura is steady. Dr. Gaster, please, leave him to rest" I heard a female voice say. I assumed we were in the hospital, considering I could feel a soft material over my ribs.

I didn't open my eyes, because I didn't feel safe. But that was when I heard my fathers voice, kindly speaking to the nurse, shakily, almost about to cry. "Please, Mrs. Dreemurr, leave me with my son..." I felt his hand holding mine, and a strange thing over my mouth, and felt wires going into my bones.

"D-daddy?" I say to him. I open my eye sockets to reveal a white ceiling hanging over me, and lights above  my head. My body aches, but I muster the strength to turn my head. Gosh was I tired.

I saw him smile. I smile back, knowing he was happy to see me.

"Sans... Please... Please don't scare me again!" He cries into my hands. I was worried about him, so I said "Daddy... I'm Okay, don't cry!" I winced. He just looks at me and smiles. "Sans... I-" before he could finish a woman walks in, I think Asgore's mother, so I say "H-hi Mrs. D-Dreemurr" She stares at me with a blank look, looking a little bit mad. "You l-look mad... Do you wanna hear a joke?" I ask her, I was feeling a little bit fuzzy in the skull. 

"Dr. Gaster... Did you wake him?" She asks angrily; I heard my dad stutter, so I quickly recover "No, I woke up my own" My eye glows, and she sees me. She gasps, but at that time I didn't know what was wrong. 

"G-Gaster! Y-you really did that t-to your own son!?" She drops the clip board that she's holding, but my father stands up and grabs her hand. I was confused, so I forced myself to stop.

I see my dad whisper to Asgore's mom. I make out three words "I-I had too..." Mrs. Dreemurr just storms out of the room, my dad with a worried look in his eye sockets. "Daddy... What did you do to me?" Back then I was clever, much too clever for my own good. He just looks at me and smiles. I seem to hear the words "Someday you'll see, Sans" before falling back into my slumber.

Then I had nightmares.

Terrifying nightmares. Of my father dying, Papyrus getting slaughtered by a young teen girl, and last of all, her erasing  the entire nation. Me as an adult, I was the only person who was capable of stopping... him or her?

Gasters POV *for a little bit*

I just stood there. Watching as my son slowly dies. Doctors working around the clock to fix him. Why did I give him blue magic?! It lowered his health... And he should train for it, not be injected... Some sign affects were made, but If only I gave him determination... 

He would survive, twice. But I promised myself to use it on the remains of... her.

Sans' POV

I wake up to see half a dozen doctors around me, one a green dinosaur, two rabbit people, two fire people,  and another fellow skeleton. I feel my eye glow, and my body was engulfed in flames. I didn't know what was happening, I was terrified. I scream "MOMMY!" before a doctor grabs the side of my arm, and say "Sans, everything's fine... Dr. Gaster, he... He's okay; just go easy on him." One of the female flame monsters say. "D-daddy..." I cry, five of the doctors step away, one of them, the one on my right, a male flame person. "Dr. Grillby, please step away from the patient." I hear another voice say. By the looks of him, I remembered, I thought he was sixteen or seventeen, and he was scared for me. I give him a smile, and he backs away.

I still have a bunch of tears in my eyes, without the wires attached to my bones, my dad scoops me up, my tiny five year old body. 

"Daddy... Don't leave... Please don't leave... Stay here... Wait-" I get out of his grip while still crying. "WHERE'S PAPYRUS?!" I yell, my dad grabs my hand and says "You remember Mr. Grillby right? His father has them, Infe? Ron? Remember them? They have him! Don't worry Sans... I'll protect both of you." 

I don't say anything, I just collapse in my dad's arms, him embracing me, and whispering "Shh... It's okay, it's okay..." My eye glows again, and before I know it, I'm back to sleep.

I'm in a field, in the underground. The grass is golden, I'm in a blue jacket, it's mid-day (Somehow). I'm an adult, about 23. I feel tired and alone. But something is in the distance. A human, a girl, is ahead of me. She is about fourteen, I feel scared. My eye glows, and my hand holds fire. "Chara" I hear myself say. She answers  patiently "Sans" she is in a sweater, green and yellow cross stitch. 

"Don't do this" I say to her. I have no idea what's happening. A forest is ahead of us, and she takes off. "CHARA!!!" I screech. A young goat boy who looks like Asgore, he comes out of a castle behind me,  and starts running, he yells towards the forest, "CHARA!!!" He yells as well. 

I collapse, and for some reason, start crying. A goat lady comes up behind me, and says "Sans? They're only going for a play! I know Asgore's sick but..." I look behind me, with tears in my eyes. I am looking at the queen of the Underground.

"Sans..." I hear a female voice whisper. I shuffle a little bit. "It's time to go home" I hear my fathers voice say softly. I open my eye sockets, to see my father smiling over me. I smile back. 

"Time to go" He says to me. He has Papyrus, and nothing is attached to me. I get up, but I still have bandages around my chest. 

"Papyrus!" I happily say. I smiles back and tries to say "Sans". A female doctor has a quick talk with my dad, any I'm holding Papyrus. "C'mon Pap, time to go" I say after the small talk.

For some strange reason, it's snowing outside, even though we're in the Underground. "Thow!" Papyrus says. "That's right Papyrus, snow... Lot's of it!" My dad cheerfully says.

I was only five, but I was forced to grow up faster than I should have. The things I found out, being smarter than I should have. 

***

I fell asleep again, in my dad's arms, man was I exhausted. I woke up once or twice, to see a restaurant behind me, the warmth that it gave off. And the cold, the pure cold. I was chilled to the bone. Heh heh...

I hear a door open,  and my dad climbing the stairs. He put me in bed, I didn't care where we were, as long as Papyrus and dad got some rest.

I am in a dark alley way, I see myself in an older form with Toriel, I run to myself, but just then, I vanish  with her our of thin air.