The first RESET: Chapter 23

Sans' POV

It's been a few days since Chara died. Since then the kingdom has mourned everyday. And Alphys has broken her promise.

I go to Grillby's and drink some ketchup. Who cares if I get drunk. Papyrus doesn't care, and the Gaster Blasters take me home.

I'M SUPER DEPRESSED!

Suddenly, I feel everything disappear. It's black all around, except for words in front of me,

CONTINUE RESET

I can't move, and there's a flower in front of me. The word RESET gets highlighted in yellow, and before my eyes, everything wrenches back to the time before the prince and princess died.

What happened?

I'm asleep, again, I get up immediately, and Papyrus is on his computer. I go up because I know what happens next.He calls me, then I'm shocked.

I replay the memories, and do it slightly different.

I run into the forest, and wait there.

***

A few days later, after the events replay, I go into the forest, deep within. I know there's a huge door, perfect for practicing knock knock jokes. It's never been answered, but I spend my alone time there,and KNOCK up some jokes. I'm supposed to, I'm keeping watch for humans, Papyrus wants to be let in the royal guard.

I knock on the door, and prepare to say who's there. But I hear a female voice coming from the other side.

"Who's there?" I hear her laugh a bit.

"Dishes"

"Dishes who?"

"Dishes a very bad joke"

She laughs like it was the first joke she's heard in years.

I keep on knocking, and making more jokes. After a dozen, SHE knocks and says:

"Knock knock"

"Who's there?" I say, blushing a bit.

"Old Lady"

"Old Lady who?" I say grinning

"I didn't know you knew how to your yodel!" She snorts.

I laugh so hard, that was a terrible joke! I love it.

"Heh, good one!" I say still laughing. She's the best audience I've ever had. Eventually after a few hours, it was time for me to leave. We were talking, making puns. Hell, I didn't even know her name an she was already my friend.

I told her good bye, and I could still hear her laughing. Hmm... If only I knew her name, and her phone number, I could call her. But it might be too soon...

***

*The sound of the wind blowing fills you with PERSEVERANCE