SPAGHETTI : Chapter 17

Right before the disappear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was interesting.

***

Everything... Is so different. He's not here anymore to work in the lab, everything is so quiet... Hmm...

"I'm going to go take a stroll in Waterfall Papyrus." I tell him on the phone. I... I'll clear the lab out to-MARROW.

Waterfall is a vast place- I even ran into some weird cat creature. But... The nicest part is... Well, the river. 

I usually end up crossing it with my magic, but today, I found a bench. It's nice... Relaxing... Keeps my mind of things- especially with the Echo Flower.

"I wasn't ready for the responsibility" I hear my fathers voice. I stand as fast as I could, and I whirl around, hoping that he's still alive. "Dad!?" I call out, away from the echo flower. "I wasn't ready for the responsibility" this time, coming from behind me. He can still be alive! Can he...? 

"I wasn't ready for the responsibility" The same words- but it comes from the flower. It repeats everything it last heard...

He must have come here... But wasn't ready for what? Sons? Maybe...

Suddenly, my telephone rings, and I am surprised to get a call from Papyrus. "S-sans... It's Alphys... There's something wrong... It's about... D-dad..." He struggles to say. At the mention of him, I hardly can hold back. "Yeah sure Pap. I'll be right over" I answer him, he has one more thing to say. "Oh... and t-the king came over a-and... We're holding a funeral for d-dad" I hear static through the phone, which made me think it was tears. "P-pap... It's okay... I... I'll be there, don't you worry" I hang up. I teleport to Snowdin, and find that Papyrus is sitting next to Grillby, in black formal clothes. "Sans" Grillby nods. Papyrus is leaning against him, with tired eyes. I can't help but look down. "Well... Is it today?" I ask. "Yes" Grillby nods in his black tuxedo.

I go upstairs and change- borrowing one of my dad's old suits. While I was searching, I found a music box, with a red material hanging out.

I investigate it, and it plays a rather relaxing tune. One that I've heard before, but I can't place my finger on it. The red material is a scarf, attached with a note.

Dear Arial,

Here is a scarf to keep your spirits up. 

And also a present for our newest son, Papyrus.

Love, 

            - Your husband, Wing Ding.

I trace my fathers writing, remembering his voice in my head. I miss him so much...

Under the scarf and the note, a picture is laying. It's all three of us- Dad, Papyrus, and me. Heh. It was when I was fourteen... I got my magic blue jacket, one that grows with the owners size. It was my dad's, but he gave it to me... Memories...

I hear a knock on the door, and I wipe away incoming tears starring at the photo

I hear a knock on the door, and I wipe away incoming tears starring at the photo. "Come in" I answer. "H-heya Sans..." Alphys walks in, she's in a black silk dress. "I... I came to s-say I'm sorry..." I'm sitting down on the edge of the bed, and she sits next to me as well. "T-thank you for coming all the way from Hotland..." I say, fighting a few tears back. "S-sans... If he were really dead, I'd be crying too" wait. "If h-he were dead? Al, don't be ridiculous he's-" Before I continue, she stands straight up.

"SANS! YOU REALLY THINK HE DESIGNED THE CORE TO KILL?!" Anger fuses with sadness. "HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HE'S DONE TO ME!? TO PAPYRUS! TO UNDYNE! ALPHYS HE...! HE! He... He's gone" Out of no where, I put my head in my hands, and let it all out.

"Oh my goodness...! Sans! I- I'm sorry I'm sorry! P-please j-just hear me out" She puts her hand on my shoulder, and I hear her let out a few tears. "H-he's not dead... It's just... It's almost impossible to get him back so..." 

"Oh no... I-I'm sorry! I-I mean t-there i-is a way!" She puts her face in her hands as well, and shakes here head "But I can't do it alone" the brilliant scientist offers. "I'll help you" I put  my hand on her shoulder, and try to comfort her. "Hey, Al, It's fine, emotions are high TIBIA honest!" I snort. "Really. REALLY? You had to ruin it!? Okay bye, I'm out" She put both hands to her side, a distant "Nope nope NOPE!" coming from her mouth, as she walks out of the room.

That seemed to lighten both of our moods. Hmm...

I walk downstairs, Alphys is in the kitchen talking with Undyne.  (Undyne is 13, Alphys is 14 )

Papyrus is in there as well, with the two girls. They decided to make dad's favorite meal- spaghetti. Papyrus was going to be the head cook, with Undyne helping him. Poor Papyrus... It's a week until his birthday, and without a father for his twelve birthday... 

"NOW SMASH THOSE VEGETABLES!" I hear Undyne voice come from the kitchen. Meh, I don't really care, as long as they don't destroy the place. 

"U-Undyne!" Al stutters. "SMASH!!!" Undyne yells once again. "NYEH!" Papyrus shouts. I hear a crash from the kitchen, and immediately teleport. 

I immediately start laughing.

"HAHAHA! Y-you! T-The Toma- HA!" I can hardly catch my breath, red was all over the kitchen, and all their clothes were covered in tomato sauce; they were all lying on the floor laughing, with the pot on Papyrus' head. 

"S-spaghetti's ready!" Pap hands me a plate of warm noodles, covered in sauce and small vegetables. "Heh... Thanks Paps" I smile. He smiles as well, and that makes me think of the picture from upstairs, which results into the thought of a scarf. "Paps... I'm going to get you something COOL next week!" I tackle him, tickling him in the process, he laughs so hard... That laugh...

That laugh! 

It's like... Our mom's... Even after all these years, I still remember her soft voice and... I... I can't believe I lost both parents...

***

After we get cleaned up, lunch is served. The spaghetti is OK, but I'll do anything for my brother. He is my ray of sunshine... Always keeping the storm at bay.

"SO! Do you guys like it!? I the GREAT Papyrus, cooked it myself!" Papyrus asks. "Is that even a question!? Undyne the Undying helped you!" She leaps from her chair, and everyone claps for both of them. Even though it's a sad day, we'd rather celebrate the happy moments in life, then to mourn the sad ones.