Death Of a Prince: Chapter 20

*9 years later*

I've learned all about timelines, and how they effect the space time continuum. It's been... A while since the king died, but his son, Asgore, took his place. I find the name rather familiar, but It's still like a fresh face. 

Alphys is the new royal scientist- I help her. Papyrus is just finishing high school, having focused on his combat and healing skills. He's a little bundle of joy. Undyne got trained by Asgore, and now she's the second in command of the royal guard. 

Everyone has moved on with their lives.

Except me. 

I get money from Papyrus' scholarship- he doesn't mind at all. I spend my days at Grillby's, talking, explaining everything to him.  He's sympathetic, he knows whats happened to me. Everything that I've been through... 

We'll never get out of here... I've been trying to get my dad back... But it's been NINE years. Well... Enjoy this timeline while it lasts.

Papyrus keeps me happy... If I got taken away from his life... I can't stand it. I always need to protect him. I can't bare to think of losing Papy... 

I remember a few years ago, a prophecy was made.

Trapped under a mountain's peak,

An angel will come and speak.

With it's wings it will guide it's own way,

Yet the wind under will have the say.

Angel of darkness, angel of light.

It will either free us with it's might,

or destroy us, leaving no trail,

if he dies, we will fail.

Angel of darkness, angel of light,

Mercy or genocide,

its to decide.

It's very strange.

It talks about an angel who has seen the surface. Maybe it's talking about Error's brother? In fact, he is the creator.I think, at least. 

I think it was just a dream. In fact, for monsters, dreams can seem VERY real. I've seen so much death... So much destruction... Sometimes I even wake up to my body engulfed in blue flame, and my eye glowing like crazy.

The king and the queen have a son that's about eight, and he will rule. His name is Prince Asriel, and the kingdom is in celebration. Heh... It is spring time... 

The flowers are in bloom, as the birds will tell... It's a beautiful day to be burning in hell...

This world... It's one of the many, so what makes me so special? I don't know. At least I still have my puns, they make people laugh.. sometimes, at least... Life is a great mystery. 

I hardly have to use any Gaster Blasters, but they're fun to play with. Especially Helios, he is very sweet to Papy. I gave him Gaster Blasters of his own, and he loves them. We don't use them at all, the underground is in peace. 

***

Meanwhile, word has gone out that a human has fell. It brings even more hope to the kingdom, but I know not to trust a human. I've seen what they can do in old lab recordings, they can kill a monster in a single hit with a knife. 

But me? Since the DETERMINATION has an effect on reflex's, I can move out of the way fast enough. It's still very strange, it grows so much stronger. I think I can beat one, well, of course I can beat one! Monsters ARE weak, but our attacks are extremely powerful. 

But the prophecy carries the word 'genocide', which means murder- where ever you go. I don't trust them. I hate them. One killed our mom that Papyrus never knew. I hate them so bad...

I don't know if the human will bring us hope- after all, it is the first. The prophecy clearly says 'But the wind under will have the say' maybe to humans, then Chara...? I think that was her name. Anyways, I think she will lead the next human, resulting in a massacre. I won't even think about trusting them- I've read if they get enough LOVE, (Level of Violence) they can... Destroy an entire Universe in a single touch. 

Love, hope, compassion. These are the things people say monster SOUL's are made of. But the absolute nature of 'SOUL' is unknown. After all, humans have proven their SOUL's don't need theses things to exist. All they need is DETERMINATION.

We have heard about the things happening on the surface, they've gained so much. 

***

It's been a few months. It's the queens birthday, and the kingdom has never been so happy. But it's not a huge celebration- she'd prefer to have family time.

A few hours passed, I'm asleep on the couch. Papyrus is upstairs on his computer, when Suddenly he calls me. 

"H-hey Sans! I think you should take a look at this!" There's worry in his voice. I teleport up the stairs, and enter his room. "What's going on Pa-" Before I could finish, I see the computer. It's on a live stream site, news is that both air to the thrones have died. They somehow got to the surface, and they got slaughtered. Humans. No mercy.

"Oh my God..." I cover my mouth, and get closer to the screen. "S-sans... D-did you know the queen?" He asks me. I shake my head. "A-alphys is the royal scientist, so... She knew the queen. Also..." He shows me a video taken a few minutes ago. 

Asgore the king's in it.

"Since... The circumstances, I've sworn to kill any human that falls down here... And... My wife has left, I don't know why, she must have been... Shaken. Yes. I must go now. I SAID I MUST GO!"

I see slight tears in his eyes as he walks away from the camera.

"So?" He looks at me.

I need to find Alphys.