Kellin Quinn

You walked down to your best friend's house, humming a song you loved as you did so. It was a pleasant day, but the cold wind wasn't. You hurried as it picked up, letting yourself into the familiar house.
You were planning on surprising him. You bit your lip to keep yourself from making a noise, and slowly crept up the stairs.
"Kellin?" you call out.
His bedroom door was slightly open. You pushed it gently, and noticed him sleeping. You shook your head, amused.
"Oh Kellin."
You walk over slowly, not wanting to wake him just yet. You start pulling the bed sheets off when you notice something.
His forearms were covered in marks. Long, thin scars, but also fresh pink cuts.
You held back a gasp, feeling tears prickling your eyes. You had known Kellin for ages and not suspected a thing.
You couldn't help yourself. You threw your arms around him and hugged him. He woke up with a start, then relaxed when he saw it was you.
"Oh hey Y/N," he smiled. You looked up at him with piercing, tear-rimmed eyes.
"Don't you 'Hey Y/N' me! Kellin, how long has this been going on?"
"How long has- ouch!"
You had grabbed his arm to show him what you meant.
"Why are you here?" he mumbled, avoiding your eyes and sitting up.
"Never mind that! Why Kellin?"
That's when you really started crying. "Kellin, I'm sorry."
"Why are you sorry?" he whispered.
"Because... Because... If I was a better friend..."
"Bullshit! Y/N, you're my best friend! Stop that, I couldn't ask for a better friend!"
"That's not true... I should've noticed earlier... How long has this been going on?"
"A... A few months..."
"And I didn't notice!" you cried, pressing your hands to your face.
"Stop crying, please!"
"I'm so stupid. Kellin, why?"
He looked away once again, then sighed.
"Because I'm worthless, that's why."
"How could you even  think that, Kellin?"
"Because it's true!" he said, and you heard his voice crack.  He started crying. You pulled him closer to you and you both sat there, the sound of your sobs the only thing echoing through the house.
"It isn't,"  you whispered softly, once you trusted your voice again. "It isn't true. Kellin, you're my best friend, and I don't know what I'd do without you. You're amazing, alright? I want you to pinky promise you won't do this anymore."
He looked up to you, his piercing blue-green eyes meeting yours. "I-I..."
"Please?" you  plead, holding up your pinky.
"I promise."
He locked his with yours, and attempted a smile.
"Now, how about we watch a movie and try to forget this, just for a bit?"