Chapter 1: Lost and Alone

It was a dark day in the Netherrealms (like always), Kitana the now known empress was sitting on her throne but couldn't help but get up and go to the window (where she goes to think). No offense she kind of likes the Netherrealms but she missed being alive and she kind of likes being the 'dark empress' but she would rather rule Edenia more... She was lost in her thoughts when the doors flew open and there Liu Kang her 'love' or she thought stood.

-"My empress I think we should pay Raiden a visit!" said Liu Kang in an evil tone.

-"And what do you mean by that?" asked a confused Kitana.

-"Simple, we will attack the Lin Kuei temple to let Raiden know that I don't want to keep his stupid deal!" he said.

-"Very well, whatever you think is best" Kitana said... scared.

-"That's the spirit, I know I can count on you" Liu Kang turned around but right away stopped in his tracks and turned around again "Kitana it feels like you do not love me as you used to, is something wrong, is there someone new?"

What he said shocked her straight out of her thoughts "But of course not!! I love you and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel that way" she said.

-"It is ok" he said then kissed her on the cheek. She just smiled at him and he smiled back. "I'll go get the horses ready, you go get prepared for battle. The Lin Kuei will put up a fight." Kitana nodded her head 'yes' and with that he left. 'But he doesn't know that it is him who is making me feel unloved'.

Kitana thought, but to be honest she couldn't get one thing off her mind this 'feeling' and that was she felt so empty. She remembered how she felt like this even when she was alive and thought it was love and that Liu Kang could fill in the emptiness. But, maybe it was trying to show that Liu Kang wasn't for her, but she just shook it off and was interrupted again by the doors being opened but instead it was Kung Lao...

-"Dark empress" he said "the emperor is waiting for you"

-"Very well I'm on my way" with what she said Kung Lao bowed and ran off.