Chapter 7: The Awakening

Normal P.O.V.~

It has been three weeks since the battle and one day to Sub-Zero's surprise something incredible happens. He was there just sitting where he has been for the past 3 weeks until he heard two words.

Kitana P.O.V~

I awoke expecting to be in the Netherrealm, but I didn't recognize my surroundings and I was a bit confused until I saw him... Sub-Zero sitting right there next to me. The sight made me smile for a second, when finally it hit me I remembered everything, my mother, my death, saying goodbye to Liu, the disappearance of Jade, me as a revenant, everyone under Quan Chi's control, all the bad things I have done, and that 'feeling'.
Tears started to form in my eyes, I could feel the warmth of my tears as they slid down my cheeks. I couldn't hold back even though I was admiring the man in front of me, it just slipped out "Kuai Liang" my voice was hoarse but it still cracked.

He looked up excited and happy yet... tired? 'Was he waiting for me to wake up? That's so sweet! But how long was I asleep for?" He got up from his seat and walked over to me, he had his arms out-wide. He embraced me!? At first I was bewildered by this, but I hugged him in return. We hugged for quite some time that I forgot why I was crying or that I was crying at all!

Normal P.O.V~

They were hugging at the wrong time because Frost was passing by but caught a glimpse of 2 figures in the spare room Kitana was in, she stopped mid step and turned to see. With what she saw she became furious, yet happy and mostly so confused. 'What, she's awake?! What's going to happen now? Why are they hugging? Whatever she better not do anything bad!' So many questions were running through her head, but she still continued to walk to the training room to let out her anger.

"What is the matter Kitana?" Sub asked her.

"Well, I woke up and I started to remember everything I did and now I regret it... I'm sorry if I caused you any pain Kuai" she said sounding sincere and tears streaming down her cheeks.

He cupped her face with both hands and wiped her tears away with his thumbs, he told her "It is o-". But he was cut off by her

"No it's not, what I did was wrong!" This remark shocked him (more than Raiden ever will) but still responded sounding reassuring

"Listen to me Kitana everything is OK and I was once a revenant and yes there are somethings I still regret too, but I will always tell myself that I was under Quan Chi's control and so were you" This actually made Kitana feel a little better...a little.

Sub-Zero reached over and grabbed a tissue for her, he handed it to her and she nicely accepted it and blew into it. "You're right" She said as she threw away the tissue.

"That's a good princess" Sub-Zero said trying to lighten up the mood, and it seemed to work because Kitana giggled but it hurt her throat

"Um Kuai?" She asked her throat still hurting

"Yes?"

"May I have some water?" She asked nervously.

"Well yes you may" 'The gut was right again!'