Chapter 14: Man in the Kitchen

A couple of months have passed training with Kuai remained like usual, her friendship with Frost was developing, but Kitana's feelings towards Kuai still remained unknown to her.
____________________________________

Kitana who wore a light blue, long sleeve top and black sweats walked down the hallway from her room and in front of a door, she lightly knocked

-"Frost?" She called out her name .
"Are you there?"

There was no response. 'Where could she be? She promised I would give her a makeover, though I see no flaws, I am happy to spend quality time with her' She thought. She wandered around the Lin Kuei's base, she checked the courtyard, the ladies washroom, in the training and weight rooms but to no avail. She also went to Sub-Zero's throne room but Frost did not seem to be there either, she did notice a low table with a red table cloth and gold designs on it and matching pillows surrounding it, she was confused as to why that was set up but left that alone to look for Frost.

She decided to look in the Eating Hall, she walked into the lit up room, all the short wooden tables were empty. She huffed in defeat, she looked everywhere for Frost, she turned around and slumped her back which she rarely did because it was considered "very disrespectful" by her thought to be father, all the servants and the citizens of Outworld.

As she continued on she heard a small 'clang!' she quickly turned around to look into the eating hall and suggested that it came from a room in the back which Kitana considered to be the kitchen, or at least one of them. 'What in the realms was that!?' As she thought that she slowly began to enter the room, the light was on and Kitana peeked in a bit, she was surprised yet blushing at what she saw.

Though Sub- Zero was turned she noticed he was wearing an apron while shirtless, so his entire muscular back was exposed, yet his training pants were still on. Kitana felt so much heat rushing to her cheeks she could melt Scorpion upon touch. Her heart began to race, that she had to place a hand on her chest to make sure she was alright, she wasn't. As she continued to watch the man in the kitchen she heard steps coming from behind, she panicked and rushed in. Sub noticed her

-"Ah hello Kitana, what brings you here?"

-"Well," she nervously began. "I was looking for Frost and I heard something fall" she considered lying but the truth made more sense to her.

-"Oh it was merely this metal tray" he said while he picked it up off the counter to show her. "And you say you are looking for Frost?"

-"Yes I am, do you have any idea where she can be, also what are you doing?"

-"Oh well I am cooking, a special guest is coming and Frost is doing a chore for me" Kitana was more bewildered now than before she asked any questions.

-"Who is this 'special guest'?"

-"Oh merely a family friend, and she is coming in the following day from tomorrow"
Kitana had a strange feeling bubbling inside her, she did not like the idea of another female near Kuai, well besides his own sister of course. She knew it was a little risky but she asked anyways knowing very well that Kuai would consider her nosey.

-"Mind if I ask... Who is SHE?" She began to feel more heat rise, she gulped nervously as she awaited Kuai's answer. He continued to put sweets in the oven part of the burner, whilst he did this he took the other sweets out and then put them in the fridge. Kitana thought it was weird that the kitchen had a fridge despite them being in a building filled with cryomancers on the coldest mountains in China, but the longer she thought about it the more she realized the kitchen was probably the only 'not so cold' room in the entire palace. When Sub was finished he looked at her and replied