Chapter Twenty One

I waited beside Ezra and I looked at him while he was resting in his hospital bed. I stood up and I started pacing back and forth looking down. As I was walking towards Ezra, he started coughing.

"Ezra. You're okay." I dropped a tear.

And kept letting them drop.

"Aria? Aria? What's going on?"

Ezra opened his eyes and looked around and up at me.

"You got shot. Jake... jake shot you."

I should have called the police earlier. I'm sorry this is all my fault."

My voice started breaking as I cupped the left side of his face.

"Aria, I'm fine. It's not your fault."

"I don't even know why I went out with him in the first place." I left out a little laugh.

"You're going to be okay. I'll be right her by your side until you get out I promise. I'm not leaving you." I grabbed his hand and kissed him and he grabbed my face and kissed me back passionately.

"I thought I would never kiss you again." He kissed me again and we stood there for a minute.

"Come lay by me. I want you by my side."

I smiled and he scooted over while I positioned to lay down. We were facing up and I grabbed his hand.

"Excuse me? But visiting hours are over."

"Can she please stay? I need her with me."

"Visiting hours are-"

"Please, I need to be with him right now."

"Alright, lights are out in here."

She locked the door and turned the lights off and I kissed Ezra one more time and we fell asleep.

-

Sorry it was boring but I will make it up to you In the next couple of chapters!