Chapter Eighteen

Ezra's POV

Aria walked into my apartment while I was standing behind her. I opened the door for her and she sat on the bed. I took off my jacket and changed into my pajamas. When I came out the bathroom, Aria was trying to cover her tears. I finally walked up to her and spoke.

"Do you need anything? Are you okay?"

"I need you."

I looked into her eyes full of tears and kissed her forehead. She layed down on my chest, soaking up my bare skin but I didn't care.

"I will be here for you, Aria. I promise."

She closed her eyes and we both fell asleep.

-----------

"Holy crap." I jumped up.

"Aria, uh. Aria? We're late. On my last day."

"What time is it?"

"It's 11:00."

"Ezra! My mom is going to kill me! I have to go. Love you. Bye."

She quickly left and left her phone behind.

"Aria you left your-"

Before I could finish, she already left.

I got dressed and headed to work.

Aria's POV

I walked into Ezra's class and he wasn't there still.

"Sorry I'm late. Family stuff."

"Class is about to end anyways so you might want to go to the front office to let them know you're here."

I walked to the office and I saw Ezra standing there signing in.

I stood behind him trying to act like I don't like him. When he was leaving, I turned around looking at him and he was looking at me while he was walking away.

"Ahem, Mrs.Montgomery? Please sign in."

"Oh right, I'm sorry."

I signed in and then the bell rang. I walked out and walked towards the girls.

"Hey, where have you been all night?"

"You didn't hear? My dad had a heart attack. It was a pretty busy night for me."

"Why do you smell like cologne?"

"Oh, you know Mike."

"You know I haven't seen him alot lately, anyways, we have to head fr English. I still can't believe this is Mr.Fitz's last day."

I put my head down trying to avoid talking about him.

"I'm sorry Aria, I forgot. What happened with Jake?"

"You know, it didn't feel right having a relationship right after someone that I love."

"Love? As in present tense? Do you still like him?"

"It's complicated but I'll talk to you after I get back from the hospital."

"Can we come?"

"Sure yeah. Lets go to last period."