CHAPTER 13

Liam's P.O.V

The night has finally arrived. It's Jacob's game and I'm excited/scared going to the game. I stay for what was promised afterward. I swear Jacob is making these things up as he goes along. I'm also clueless as to why he's acting like a predator marking his prey.

When Roger sprung that 'statement' on me, I have to say I was surprised as hell. I thought he would say I have to do his homework or some assignment, but that I have to come to his game? That I would never dream of him saying.

I mean the guy not so long ago used to beat the crap out of me for a living. Now he wants me to go to his game? I'm not saying that I don't want to. I want to build a friendly relationship with him and try to help him. If I were in his shoes I would feel lost too. It just feels weird.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit happy that we're starting to become friends. At least I think so. He's given me a reason to think so too. When the period was over, he walked me out until the doors to meet Jacob. He talked to me all the way there and he has a sense of humor! I have to admit. I do see why the majority of our girls go crazy over him.

When Jacob saw us together I could visibly see him tense. He probably thought that Roger was bothering me again but I told him that we put the past in the past. So he shouldn't be surprised that we can at least talk to each other now. Although I am.

The first thing Jacob did was wrap his arm around my neck and glared at Roger. I whispered in his ear for him to play nice but that didn't work out. Roger probably sensed the uncomfortable tension and decided to leave. Not before reminding me about our little pact.

Jacob, being overprotective, wanted to know what he was talking about. I told him about our little conversation and how happy I am that we're getting to the friendship status.

He looked hurt at first and I felt a huge pang in my chest, I didn't even know why. Then it hit me that I'm supposed to be there for him. I apologized and told him that I could be there for both of them. The only difference was that I would run up to him after the game and smother him with kisses.

I could see he still wasn't happy. It's not like I can just take back my promise to Roger. So I told Jacob I would to something to make it up to him. Worst/best mistake of my life.

He got this evil smirk on his face when I said that. He was staring at me and I swear I could hear the gears turning in that pretty little head of his. He raked his gaze down my body and I visibly shivered when his tongue slipped out and slid over his bottom lip, making it wet and shiny.

He pulled his gaze back up to me, and he just gave me an innocent smile as if he didn't just eye fuck me. He put his arm back around me and we started walking towards his car without saying a thing.

We climbed in his mustang and only then did he speak. "A date."

That's all he said. I asked what he meant and he told me that he wants to go out on a date with me. The whole 9 yards. He wants to pick me up. Take me to a fancy restaurant, where I can order whatever I want. Maybe go on a ride around town afterward. Then lastly his going to book a room at a fancy hotel.

I couldn't hear what he said after that because he had me at "room" and "hotel". I watched enough chick flicks to know what that means. God was I ready to let that happen, but weren't we rushing it? I don't know if there's like a time limit or something.

When I got my brain to work I asked him when he wanted to do it. He said immediately after the game. When he scores the final touchdown and wins. He wants to take me on a date as his reward. I doubt that his looking forward to the restaurant only.