CHAPTER 22.

Jacob's P.O.V

Song: Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers Feat. DAYA

..........................

He told me to work out my shit with my family before coming back to him. Well, there's nothing to work out. I'm certain my mother would never say anything like that. She is the sweetest woman to ever walk this earth. She always helped those that needed her.

She fucking sacrificed her career to take care of us. To make sure we had her to come home to. When I told her I was Bi she did nothing but accept me for who I am. All she did was go the extra mile on the birds and the bees speech.

I'm not saying Liam is a liar. God, I would never say anything to hurt him. He probably misheard her or something or it was a joke or. . . . .fuck it has to be something other than what he told me. So I'm going to get to the bottom of this and clear this mess up. He'll see how amazing my mom is.

But standing here, watching him walk away from me makes it kinda hard for me to believe that. Especially with this anger burning inside of me, that's blinding my thoughts.

I know I should run after him and make it better. Wrap his smaller frame in my arms and whisper sweet nothings into his ears to make it all better. Show him that everything is going to be okay.

But that's not going to work. I know how stubborn Liam can be and he's probably thinking that he has to be strong right now. I'm not blind to him. I know when he's hurting. When he's happy and sad. So him trying to hide will never work on me.

I've been waiting too long for someone like him to walk into my life. So I'll be damned if I'm going to let him go. All the more reason to just end this nonsense and bring him back into my arms.

He keeps getting further away from me with every step his taking. I can feel it becoming harder to breathe with those steps he takes. I love him so much that him walking away from me fucking hurts. So much.

Before I change my mind I turn around and walk back towards my car. Suddenly it lost its charm. The only reason I bought this car was to impress Liam. The first time I saw him was when my family came down last year to scout the place out. My parents went to look at the houses and plots available whereas I and my little sister went to see how our schools looked.

Flashback

.....................

I pulled up to the front and it didn't look too bad. It had a statue of some important guy standing in the middle with a variety of flags. The grass was greener than it should be and the building looked newly renovated from the outside. So they take good care of there school grounds. That's a good thing right.

I climb out and go around to unbundle my sister. Once she's out I hold her hand and start towards the entrance. The inside looked exactly like any other normal school. Blue lockers with black and white tiles on the floor.

I probably came at rush hour because everybody looked like they were late for their next class. In a matter of seconds, the hallway clears up. I started walking again until I felt a tug on my hand.

"Jacy. . ." My sister whines.

"What's wrong?" I crouch down to meet her eye level.

"I need to use the toilet." She says in that little girl voice that she knows gets her anything.

"I told you to go before we came here," I say with a sigh.

"But I really, really need to go. I can't keep it in." By now she's jumping up and down.