CHAPTER 21.

Liam's P.O.V

Song: I will love you by Gin Wigmore.

...........................

The silence is like a huge bomb in the middle. Jacob isn't making any move to talk to me and I don't know what to do. Should I make small talk? Should I apologize? Fuck I'm willing to blow him just to hear him say something. Anything.

When I got inside the car I was too scared to even open up my mouth. He had this aura around him that screamed not to disturb. His brows were furrowed in concentration. Eyes glaring at the front. Either he hates every car that passed us or his pissed off.

I hate it when he doesn't talk to me. I might have been an introvert but I know that we need to talk. Secrets are never good. That's why I need to tell him about his mother.

I don't know if I should just blurt it out or wait until we stop. Probably wait until we stop right? I mean I don't want him to kill us on the road. There's a big fat chance his not going to be happy about this. The mystery is not happy at who?

Just then Melissa's words invade my mind and remind me why I need to get this out.

"Jacob I-"

"Just wait until we get to my apartment. I'll listen to you there." He says not even trying to look my way.

"If we make it there," I mumble while looking outside the window.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He says with a trace of anger.

"Well your clearly pissed off if you glaring at the window is proof enough, and the iron grip you have on that poor steering wheel," I say with a scoff.

"Well, I wonder whose fault is that? Maybe if you hadn't left me alone in front of my whole family then I wouldn't need to be pissed off." He says with a dangerous calm to his voice.

"Do you think I wanted to leave?" I say incredulously.

"Well, you still left. No use crying over spilled milk Liam." He says seriously.

"Oh fuck off Jacob!" I say angrily. I know that I'm getting hyper by the rising heat in my cheeks.

"Don't, Liam." He says dangerously. His voice filled with warning.

"Don't what Jacob? Tell you to stop acting like a fucking child and think for yourself for at least one god damn time? Is that it Jacob? Because-"

"Liam. Stop." He says through gritted teeth.

"-I'm not going to take the blame for something that I couldn't help Jacob. It's not my fucking fault that your mo-"

"Liam! I said fucking stop!" The car turns off the road and stops on the side.

"No Jacob! I'm not stopping." I say shouting at him.

"Your mother told me I'm not good enough for you Jacob. That the only reason I'm with you is that I want your money. That's not even the half of it. Do you know how much that hurt? That she thought some charity case wasn't good enough for her son." My voice as soft as a whisper. Lost in my words I never even noticed the tears falling from my eyes.

I try to see if my words had any effect on him, but his face went back to glaring at the front shield. His jaw is rigid and stiff.

"She wouldn't say that." He says after a while.

"So your saying I'm lying." I begin to feel this pain in my chest. Like someone stabbed me and it's sinking in slowly.

"No, I'm not. You probably misinterpreted her or-"