CHAPTER 16

Liam's P.O.V

We sat in silence while driving. I would glance his way and I would catch his eye. The old me would have died by how awkward it was but this was anything but. It made me feel comfortable. Safe but also a little aroused knowing what's to come. But I knew I could trust Jacob. I always can.

We pulled up to a huge hotel that made Las Vegas look like a motel. It had rotating doors in front with bright lights. There lays a red carpet similar to that of a catwalk. A guy stood behind a podium with a uniform on, and my guess is he had to be part of the escorting-cars-guys.

They had a rail going up towards the doors and on the sides of the carpet. It was beautiful and looked as expensive as hell.

"Jacob. I-"

"Shh, baby let me do this for you. I want tonight to be special. Don't worry about the cost. Just focus on me. On us." He says while stroking my cheek and gazing into my eyes.

I give him a nod and I see him leave the vehicle. I open my door but it's locked. I try again but it doesn't budge. I look up and I see Jacob appear. He stands by the door and unlocks it. The door opens and he stretches his hand out to help me. I feel like a Disney Princess when he does sweet stuff like this.

I put my hand in his and I allow him to help me up. He hands the car keys to the guy and we move towards the doors. His hand still in mine when we enter the building.

The first thing I notice is the bright atmosphere inside. The outside gave off a mellow and calm feel. Inside was way different. Everything is dazzled and looks to perfection. To the amazing chandelier that's lighting up like a Christmas tree right in the middle of the lobby to the amazing satin covered couches. There's also a mini fountain in the middle of the lobby. IN THE MIDDLE.

"Oh my god," I say exasperated.

"Do you like it? This wasn't the original place I had in mind, but I had little time so I had no choice." He says not taking his gaze off me

"Do I like it? That's got to the fucking understatement of the year." I say breathlessly.

"This place is beautiful Jacob. How did you-"

"Remember what I told you in the car, Liam. Us and nothing else. Okay?" He says sternly.

"Okay." I want to argue because this must have cost a fortune. I don't know if he's rich but I don't care. I love this but I don't want him to spend so much money on me. I would have been fine with a couple of candles lighted around us.

We walk past the fountain and towards the receptionist. She looks like she's bored out of her mind. She filing her nails and watching something on her desk. Probably some drama.

When she spots us she does a double-take. Not at me but the spectacle of a man next to me.

She immediately straightens up and makes her hair right. When we get to her she's in full-on receptionist mode. I don't know if it's because it's her job to smile so wide or she's really happy to see one of us. I bet it's not me.

"Mr. Rush! How are you on this fine night?" She has this perky attitude.

"I'm as happy as can be Rachel." He says staring at me with a smile.

Her gaze falls on me and her smile turns into one of concentration. It's like she's sizing me up. She puffs her chest out a little and huffs. Now I have to be paranoid to not notice that.

"I believe there's a reservation for me?" Jacob asks still staring at me. I squirm a bit under his gaze and this makes him happy because he smirks.