CHAPTER 8

Since I've never been to one, a party, I've no idea what to expect. For all, I know it could be like in the books I've read. Where people are surrounding one person while they slice-. Wait. Oh no, sorry that's a cult.

So as you can see, my knowledge of what to expect is quite meager. I tried to ask Melissa if she could tell me so I don't look like a complete fool. Of course, I didn't tell the devil that exactly, but on those lines.

She told me that I should man up or whatever euphemism gay people use and just deal with my shit. The devil did share the location of the house though. That helped a lot. Thanks for nothing!

It's by some girls house who wants to raise her social status by throwing the best party the school has ever seen. That's what everyone has been talking about for days. Melissa couldn't believe how I don't know about it. I told her to fuck off.

We were nearing the house, how do I know you ask? Because I can hear the music blasting from here already. With every beat, I heard so did my nervousness rise. I didn't show it though. I was cool and composed.

"Stop being so fucking tense, god. It's not like someone is going to come out screaming murder. So ease up. Here take a beer." She says while handing me a beer.

"No, I don't want anything from you. I know you could have poisoned that." I say looking at the bottle with disdain.

"Oh yeah, and why would I wanna poison you? Besides how annoying you are."

"Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot that you're too stupid to know how to poison someone. Never mind." I say with fake innocence.

"Just take the fucking drink." She says glaring at me.

"Or are you too scared to have a small little beer? Is the gay little Liam going to chicken out?" She says mockingly.

"You think peer pressure is going to work on me?"

She just stares at me.

"Fine, give the fucking bottle," I say while grabbing the bottle and chugging it down.

"Wow, slow down there skipper before you get drunk before the time." She says laughing a little.

"I can handle my booze," I say almost tripping over my words.

"Huh, sure you can. C'mon, let's go before you pass out."

I huff but get out of the car and follow Melissa.

Surprisingly, I don't feel that tense anymore. It's like I forgot how to be tense in the first place. This shit works!

As we walk I notice how huge the house is. It has a lawn in front that could hold the Beijing Olympics on. In the middle of the lawn is a path made out of red bricks. There's a huge fountain in the middle of the lawn and further up is a staircase that leads to the house.

I would say the lawn looks beautiful but it's scattered with red cups and a few people passed out on the lawn. A guy is laying in the fountain. I don't think that's normal behavior.

We walk up the steps and a few people are making out on the stairs and it's pretty graphic.

The minute you step inside it like a whole new world. People are dancing in the room on my right. The couches are turned over and who I recognize as Rogers lackeys are playing some game with a table and cups.

Guys are chasing each other like toddlers. There's beer spilled on the floor. It's like a freaking Katy Perry video.

Melissa grabs me by my upper arm and moves me further in the crowd because either doesn't think my legs will move by themselves.