Chapter 4

Media was actually Ladybug's last resort if ever she wants to reveal her civilian self.

But due to unforeseen circumstances, her civilian self decided to drop the freaking bomb.

Because of this, Marinette was desperately scanning all online press releases, even social media posts, and tweets for name-drops. So far none was revealed yet.

She knew that it wouldn't take that long for the public to learn about the identities of the so-called 'Parisian couple' - a term coined much to her embarrassment - which might turn to worse if it would lead them to her alter-ego. Worst if Papillion would spot her first.

Who would've thought that they saved a prominent person - more, a highly influenced ex-politician not only in Paris but the whole country of France?

Adrien's action was understandable because he does fencing, but for Marinette, she had to bluff.

If Chat Noir was watching the news and connected the dots, he would definitely seek her to her wit's ends.

Little did she know that Chat Noir failed to connect the dots, that the said superhero was also involved in the fiasco as his civilian self, and that civilian self was currently sitting beside her.

Adrien was also panicking, but with an urge of prancing.

It must be the cat in him, or probably his habit of not staying at one place whenever he needs to think. And he couldn't do that inside of a running bus without disturbing the passengers, especially Marinette whom he had bothered the most.

He was clutching his phone like a lifeline, checking it every now and then for notifications or calls from Natalie. He even formulated several alibis in case his father saw the news and forced him to be isolated in that cold, dark mansion forever.

But none came. Yet.

Another problem were the clues that might connect him to his alter-ego, which will be a cat-astrophe if Papillion got it all.

Luckily, the infamous Ladyblog didn't make any featured article about his connection.

It might be because of the blogger, who happened to be his classmate, was on a field trip. And even though the blogger herself was aware of the news clip, and probably watched it for several times thru online streams, she decided not to post anything about it.

Marinette's action was understandable because she does gymnastics, and as a half-Chinese, she might've learned some basic martial arts, but for Adrien, he had to bluff.

Since when did fencing incorporate acrobatics into its curriculum?

If Ladybug was watching the news and found out that the cat out himself from that proverbial bag, she would definitely smack him with a yo-yo till death.

"...drien?"

This is bad, he shook his head. He could hear his Lady calling his real name.

"...ein. Adrien? Are you alright? Hey."

He turned his head towards the source of the voice and saw a mask-less, bluebell eyes looming on his face.

The mistake almost gave him a mini heart attack.

"I - I'm sorry if I startled you." he apologized quickly.

"I - I'm the one who should say that." Marinette squeaked with a blush. "I was - I was wondering if you - if you would like to have a breather outside. We - we're having a shortstop."

The blond realized that their bus already passed the toll gate and made a stopover. Looking around, he noticed that most of the passengers were already outside for a toilet break, while others were buying some snacks at a nearby convenience store.