Chapter 27

Most people would call him Mr. Fu, but for the Miraculous wielders, they called him Master Fu. Sometimes they referred him as The Guardian...unless the situation would demerit such claims.

"That geezer." Adrien hissed after reading the note that was stuck on the doorstep.

■ The shop will be closed until next month for further renovations

-Mr. Fu■

"Renovations, my ass. He must've left somewhere around the world to bask himself under the sun! Again!"

A burst of cackles made him look at his partner in question.

"I can't believe...I'll be hearing you...Adrien Agreste...of all people...a perfect gentlemanly human being...with a pedigree lineage...fussing over an elderly!" Marinette laughed while clutching her stomach.

Pouting over her words, he jabbed her sides with his index, which earned him a squeal.

"Don't tell me you're okay with this, Princess."

"Of course not." she chuckled as she wiped her tears. "I'm still trying to incorporate Chat Noir's image with a certain ludicrous you."

"I thought I'm a perfect gentlemanly human being."

"Only a ludicrous person would use that logic to me."

He crossed his arms with a smug. "Hey, those words didn't come from my mouth."

She stuck her tongue out, then focused her gaze on the plastered note again.

"I think I'm going to agree with you calling him a geezer." she sighed. "He left us to deal everything on our own. Again."

Ever since Tikki reintroduced him as a fellow Chosen who could interpret the Miraculous' ancient book, her easygoing impression towards him never changed nor improved.

Train up a child in the way he should go, he quoted to them once, but they only interpreted it as a sort of negligence. Whenever a strange Akuma show up in Paris, Master Fu would leave them to fend all by themselves. Oftentimes, they would find him unreachable.

"What do you think?" her partner nudged. "Shall we break and enter his premise for clues?"

"I think he went on vacation before Twiddle Gain and Twiddle Doom appeared in the city," she responded. "So even if we welcome ourselves inside, and say, we got a clue about his whereabouts, that doesn't mean we can leave here just to track him down. He might say 'just do it' without batting an eye on us anyways."

"What's the purpose of him being a 'guardian' if he's unavailable for 'guidance'?" he grumbled.

"That means he trusted you enough." Tikki considered while poking her head out of the purse. "That you two are capable of solving things without his help."

"This is not a matter of capabilities and competence. We badly need his help. Tikki." Marinette groaned. "We cannot wig everything out."

"If that geezer only has a cell phone, everything would be easier." Adrien scowled. "I mean, who doesn't own a cell phone nowadays?"

"Then let's break and enter the place!" Plagg suggested, but before the three intercepted him, he immediately flew through the door. With a clicking sound, the lock went unlatched.

The black kwami poked his head "Are you two going to stand there or what?"

Throwing a nervous gaze, the teenagers entered inside.

.

.

.

.