Chapter 20

Alya Cesaire has an innate passion for seeking the truth.

An aspiring journalist who was willing to face all the dangers in the world just to deliver a fast, fresh and fascinating news for the sake of journalism, this personality was often a challenge to those people around her.

Especially Marinette.

Ever since they clicked from Day One, and later on learned about her stuttering mess with a certain model, the brunette promised her to be the World's Best BFF - which comprise of consistent teasing, daily reporting, Agreste-ive monitoring with a progressive summary about her love life.

Sometimes she wondered if Alya might venture a career in Showbiz if push comes to shove.

"You're not gonna answer it?" Adrien asked her.

She exasperatedly sighed. "Why do I have a feeling she's calling about the status of my sanity rather than my well-being?"

A knowing look twinkled on the blond's green eyes, and with a lop-sided grin, he wrapped his arms around her as he leaned himself on her back.

Resting his chin on her crown's head, he chuckled, "Then why don't we give her a taste of her own medicine?"

"What do you - oh. Oh."

"Oh."

She smirked as she looked at the video icon on her phone's screen. "Let's hope we'll not break her."

"Good luck on that."

Upon hitting the button, the screen revealed two heads - a male and a female - with undistinguished expressions. A window revealing the night sky was near their left, and with the ample illumination, it appeared that they were inside a lobby.

Nino opened his mouth first but Alya was able to beat him. "Where the frick-frack are you..."

Then a moment of silence.

Of course, the all-knowing Alya would trail off. She would even squint just to make sure her eyes were not playing tricks on her.

Because it was uncommon for Marinette not to combust whenever Adrien was intruding her personal space, as well as Adrien for having an intimate skinship with Marinette.

The image was so odd in so many ways that their best friends gaped and left speechless on the sight.

"I'm sorry, Alya, that we failed to be there as promised." the designer said, fighting back a grin. "Adrien and I were caught up in a certain circumstance that we ended up stranded in Argentan - "

"But don't worry, we're both okay!" the model interjected, and to add fuel to the fire, he fondly rubbed his cheek on hers. "Marinette is completely safe with me."

"Adrien!"

"What?"

"Stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

She was supposed to get mad at him, but his ridiculous demeanor won. So she rolled her eyes.

"C'mon. This is serious."

"But I am serious." he pouted, then gave her a short peck.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

"OH. OH. OH MY. OH MY FREAKING GOD!"

When the screen suddenly wobbled, then followed by a shrilling voice, they knew that they've successfully broken Alya.

"Oops."

"Guh - "

"I think we also broke Nino." Marinette mused when the upside-down screen showed a stupefied face. Adrien snorted.