Chapter 16

I stare at the sketch in front of me and tap my finger gently on the table.

"You okay?" Tori asks, wiping her hands across her apron.

I continue staring at the sketch that is leaned back on the ketchup bottle, and shrug.

"Oooo, that is one fancy sketch. Ashton do it for you?" She tries perking me up.

"So I thought," I mumble.

"Who did it then?"

"You remember Mason?"

She nods, "that cute little brunette head kid that you always talk about? Your best friend right? He took you laser tagging after your boyfriend pulled that stunt, right? He's the one th-"

I stop her before she can say anything else, "yes, yes, that's him."

She gives a sorry look and sits across from me in the booth, "so why you so depressed looking? I thought you two were tighter than two peas in a pod."

"I guess you could say now we're as tight as Cinderella and her glass slipper."

I cover my face embarrassed by the fact that I just used the term of Cinderella and cover the sketch with one of the silver napkin holders.

"There's something written on the back," she points out.

"I know."

"What does it say?" She asks, sliding it towards her.

"I don't know. I haven't read it. I can't bring myself to read it."

She holds a corner between her two fingers and examined the pencil marks, "can I?" She asks referring to the letter on the back.

"Go ahead," I sigh, leaning my head against my arm.

I watch as her expression changes as she reads.

She's serious, and then a smile begins to form across her lips as she continues.

She reaches her hand up and rubs the necklace around her neck, continuing to smile.

After finishing she takes a deep breath with a grin still on her face, "awe, he's so adorable. I want a Mason my age," she pouts.

I roll my eyes snatching back the sketch and she grins, which slowly fades as she glances over my shoulder, "looks like you have a visitor."

I turn around as she gets up and Derek takes her spot.

"Derek," I groan, "we already talked about this. What do you need?"

He rapidly taps his hand against the table and gives me a nervous look, which convinces me that he might throw up.

"Woah, calm down, what's going on?" I now realize how concerned I should be.

"I didn't know what else to do. I have to tell someone. You're the only one I can trust."

I stay silent, staring at him with concern.

"I think I might be gay." He spits out confused himself.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Cassandra, don't laugh!"

"I'm sorry," I say covering my mouth, "you know it's not one of the easiest things to believe considering you've fucked at least fifty percent of our grade."

He looks down at the table and mumbles.

"Hm?" I ask, hoping he'd speak up.

"I'm a virgin okay?" He says louder than I'd expect.