Chapter Twenty Eight

As the teacher went over the Precalculus problem on the white board, I had some time to space out. I had already learned this lesson in my old school anyway.

I wondered what had happened to that pack who had saved me the other day? I never got any contact information from them, so I had no idea what the situation was. Maybe I'll get Jason and Luke to find out?

And then my mind wandered over to my future.

When I first met Ryder, I seemed a bit childish. I remembered saying to Lily that all I wanted to do was be with Ryder and her, but was I really going to give up my plans of becoming a psychologist and actually being something?

No freaking way.

What was I even thinking when I stated that I didn't care about college anymore?

It didn't even matter if Ryder loved me or not. Well actually, it does kind of matter to me since I spent a solid 15 minutes crying about it in the bathroom. But I had to go to college. I mean, I didn't get good grades for nothing. Whether or not this would complicate my standings as a Luna, I had to do this for myself.

Speaking about complicated, things were pretty rough between me and Ryder now. I had found his stash of drugs this morning and he kind of rejected me an hour later. I guess I shouldn't pry into his personal life yet. It was kind of understandable as to why he couldn't say it back. I mean I barely knew him? Yet, I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to help him, with whatever problem he had, no matter how much it hurt.

He's my soul mate though. I thought mates were supposed to fall in love the moment they see each other?

It had been an hour since it happened, and I guess I still feel pretty salty over it.

After Precalculus was over, Victoria showed me to my next class, which was Honors U.S. History. She, unfortunately, didn't have that class with me, so I was stuck in there with people who I didn't know.

I asked the history teacher where I could sit and she pointed to some seat in the back. As I walked down the aisle, I heard people whispering about the girl who I was going to sit next to.

"Hey," I heard, "Is she really going to sit next to Emily?"

"She wouldn't want to sit next to her once she finds out about it."

"Maybe we should have her sit next to us instead."

I furrowed my brows. They were just going to talk about her as if she weren't there?

When I head over to the seat, I noticed a really pretty girl with chestnut brown hair and green eyes smiling at me.

"Hi," She introduced herself, "I'm Emily."

I smiled back politely. "I'm Grace. It's nice to meet you."

"Don't mind the whispers," She suddenly said to me. "I'm used to them."

"Oh," I said a bit awkwardly, "Okay." I didn't know how to reply to that afterwards.

We didn't say anything to each other for the rest of the period. I wouldn't know what to say anyway. I wondered what kind of person she was? Maybe I'll get to know her throughout the school year.

I didn't pay no mind to it. The time was ticking now. There was only one more period after this until lunch time.

--

A/N:

This was hella short and hella rushed and I kinda hate this chapter but ayyy at least I updated 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Emily is going to be pretty important in this story so I might as well introduce her in a filler.

Don't know when the next update will be because all my AP and college credit classes are sucking the life out of me right now but you probably won't have to wait an entire year for it like the previous updates.

Thanks to everybody who commented really nice things the past couple of months. They've really helped me so much and I appreciate you all xx

Song featured is Skeletons by Breathe Carolina

Stay cool ✌🏽️