Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

I held onto Ryder's hand tighter, anxiety making my chest ache. I'm pretty sure my hands were all sweaty now, which is pretty gross, but Ryder didn't seem to mind.

He was pretty much lost in his own thoughts right now. Though, I think my hand tightening around his kind of snapped him out of it and now he's looking at me.

"Are you nervous?" He says softly.

"Maybe just a little," I say. Maybe just a lot, I meant.

He gives me a smile. "Don't worry, princess. Everything is going to be fine. My old man is just a hard head that's all. He'll come to accept you one day."

This wouldn't be happening if you weren't such a man whore. Then, he wouldn't think I was one of your 'whores.'

I couldn't say that to him though. I have enough things to worry about and I don't want to hear his excuses for have sex with other females instead of waiting for his mate. Probably when he realizes I don't want to lose my virginity yet, he's going to dump my ass.

"Okay," I say and he leaned over to kiss my cheek, leaving the anxiety in my chest to be replaced by butterflies in my stomach.

We pulled over to the airport where the private jet was at. Jason parks his car and we exit, Ryder carrying my luggage and Luke carrying Lily's.

When we enter, one of the workers recognized us.

"Alpha Devereux," He says as if surprised. "Alpha Blake."

"We're not alphas yet, Tim." Luke says, probably annoyed with the term. "Cut the formalities and tell us where King Devereux's private jet is at."

"Okay. Follow me then." He swallows. "I can take those if you want, Ryder Devereux." He was talking about my luggage.

"Nah," He says. "It's cool. I got this."

"Lily has so much shit," Luke says. "It's killing my arms. You can take these."

Tim lets out a laugh and takes Lily's luggage and we follow him to wherever the jet is.

As we walked along, many people bowed their heads down in respect. It felt weird but since I will become alpha queen, I might as well get used to it now. They're mostly showing their respect to Luke, Jason, and Ryder though.

I swear one of the people muttered, "I didn't know Jason had a sister," Which almost offended me when I realized that I barely know anybody from our pack but Lily's family, Dean's family, and my family. Of course they wouldn't know who I am.

By now, Ryder probably would think that I'm a loner.

We're in the airport runway now and we can see the private jet we're supposed to take.

Being nervous is an understatement.

We noticed that his dad was outside with his mom. She looked pretty worried while Alpha Devereux looked pissed off.

"Jason, Luke," He says calmly when we got closer. "I see you've brought my son back."

"Yes sir," Luke says awkwardly.

He noticed the luggage in Ryder's hands and then looked at me. If I'm going to be the future luna, then I might as well start acting like one. I can't show I'm scared. I have to be confident, at least for a little while.

His eyes locked with mine. They held an inscrutable emotion.

"Those aren't your bags, Ryder," Alpha Devereux says, probably smelling that it was my scent instead of his.