Chapter 23

(Valerie's P.o.V)

Luckily Chris and Kaili were heavy sleepers so I was able to slip into the house and get back to my post before Chris came downstairs to take my shift. As I went upstairs I slipped into Cyanides bed which smelled of some odd oder, coco beans? Before I knew it morning was upon us and Chris started ranting on and on about how he was going to raid Carflo and me. I just nodded and looked through the chest.
"Cyanide, is there something you're looking for?"
I heard Kaili ask as she walked up behind me and placed a hand on my back. I smiled and looked at her.
"No I'm just taking inventory. Making sure nothing was taken."
She gave me a look and walked over to where Chris was working on a machine.
I tried to overhear what they were saying when there was a gunshot from outside. I grabbed the gun at my side and looked over to Chris and Kaili.
"Let check it out."
I cautiously made my way up to the balcony and peeked over. My heart nearly stopped, on the hill just outside stood Cyanide. He was covered in.... blood...
Chris and Kaili were standing a little bit away from me. They looked from Cyanide to me and then back to Cyanide.
"I didn't know you had a twin!"
Chris yelled looking at me confusingly. From the hill, Cyanide waved a bloodied knife.
"That's because that's not me! It Valerie!"
Kaili looked at me and I sighed.
'So much for this...'
I pulled off all the armor and tossed it aside.
"You know why you guys are no fun anymore."
I quickly back stepped and fell of the balcony. I quickly shifted into a velociraptor, it was my back up plan morph.  I hit the ground and hissed at them before taking off at full speed. Cyanide jumped in front of me and I clashed head first into him. He grabbed me and threw me back a few feet
"Move out of my way boy..."
I hissed angrily at Cyanide as I pushed myself up and glared at him. He held up the knife in challenge and I leapt at him. He slash out at me but I ducked as it swiped over my head. I slammed into him and pushed him over and placed my talons around his neck.
"You're going to regret ever coming to this island."
I placed a claw on his Adam's apple. He closed his eyes and looked away.  Using my free claw I turned his face upwards to look at me.
"What's wrong? Giving up so quickly at you?"
He smiled and chuckled a bit, I tilted my head.
"What's so funny?"
He didn't say anything but I heard a gun shot ring out through the air, then a pain in my side. I blinked and turned my head. Chris and Kaili were standing a few feet away from me with guns in hand. I pulled Cyanide to his feet using my talons and tossed him in their direction. I then morphed and looked down at my side. There was a hole right above my ribs and blood slowly began to flow from it.
"Next time your friends won't save you, and when I do get my hands in you I will kill you."
I spun around and morphed into a wolf. It hurt extremely bad, but I had to push onward, I doubt that blood was Cyanide's. I ran until I made my way across the village and to a small hut, inside was a staircase leading downward to the prison. I morphed and went two steps at a time. As soon as I hit the last stepped, I slipped and fell backward. I managed to catch myself on the railing and pulled myself upwards. I looked down to see I slipped in a puddle of blood.
"Carflo!!!"
There was a small groan from the back and I  ran till I found Carflo leaned against a wall, a hand over a gash on his face.
"Oh my goodness, Carflo are you ok?!?"
He gave me a shocked look.
"Am I ok? Valerie your bleeding!"
I looked down at the wound where I was shot, it was bleeding pretty badly now. I placed a hand on it and tried to put on a smile.
"I'm ok, they just caught me by surprise. What happened here? How'd he get loose?"
Carflo shrugged as I pulled his hand away to look at the cut. Apparently, Cyanide had slashed him across the face and stabbed him in the leg.
"I was just chilling over here with a book when he jumped on me with a knife."
I grabbed Carflo by the arm and slung it over my shoulder and helped him up.
"Come on, let's go see Crimmer."
When we got to the stairs, I could suddenly feel a lot of pain in my side.
'No more adrenaline rush...'
Carflo and I ended up supporting each other as we climbed the stairs, one at a time that is. We eventually made it to Crimmers and he set us up in beds while he went to work.
Bandaging us up till we looked like mummies....
🎶🎶💠💠🎶🎶💠💠🎶🎶💠💠🎶🎶
I'm lazy and don't feel like putting anything....but thanks for reading this. Sorry I haven't updated. Schools back and it's kicking my butt.