Chapter 1 - The Audition

It was five o'clock in the morning. I woke up remembering that I have to audition at the X-Factor today! I'm not so excited. What about if I don't make it? I will be disappointed in myself. But my mum told me if I audtioned she would buy me an iPhone, so I'm going to give it a try.

I heard someone knocking my door. "Perrie, are you awake?", my mum said. "Yes mum I just woke up", I said as I got out of bed. "Good, good. Are you nervous?", she said. "A little mum", I said. She giggled. "You'll be fine love, Just be confident in yourself. I know you're going to make it", she said. I smiled. "Thanks mum", I said. She gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Now go get dressed. Today is a big day for you. And we have to be there early", she said. "Alright mum", I said. She left my room. 

I started to change. I've been looking forward to wear this cute outfit I bought the other day. It is this cute beige dress, with cute shoes and a headband. I have a thing for headbands. I just love them. I came downstairs and I could still see that it was still a little dark outside. "Perrie! Here is some breakfast love", my mum said as she set food on the table. "Thanks mum", I said. I sat down and I started to eat. I was still nervous. I didn't eat much. I didn't even tell my friends or anyone about my audition because I was afraid that I wouldn't get in.

"Perrie everything is set up. Let's go I don't want to be late", my mum said. "Alright mum let me just put the dishes away", I said. "No it's late for that love. Let your brother do that.", she said. I giggled. Well my brother will kill me when I come back. 

So we got in the car and my mom started to drive. I was just thinking how will everything turn out to be. How many people will be auditioning. I was just all nervous. I love to sing. I sing all the time in shower or whenever I'm alone at home. But my mom wanted me to audition. At first I didn't want to, but when she told me that if I do she was going to buy me an iPhone. Then I totally wanted to audition. I'm only doing it for the phone. 

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

We finally got here! There were a lot of people! I was amazed at how many people showed up! Well this is going to be a long day! I went inside to sign up for the audtion. Then my mum and I just waited. As I was waiting I earsdrop on a couple girls. Yeah I know its bad but hey I was bored so that was the only thing I could do. "I can't believe that I'm auditioning where One Direction audioned!", one girl said. "Yes! I love them so much!", another one said. I heard about One Direction. That one boyband that won third place at last year's X-Factor. Every girl was talking about them. It is kind of annoying. But I don't hate them though. Oh well.

*A FEW MORE HOURS LATER*

It was finally my turn to go! I was beyond nervous. I was scared and nervous all together! I don't know what to do! It was only a few more minutes to get in. "Mum I'm scared", I said to my mum. "What? No Perrie you shouldn't be", she said. "But I am. I think we should go home", I said. "Love, we didn't come all the way here just so you could quit! Go ahead! Look whatever happens, it happens for a reason. Just pretend that no one is there", she said. "But how mum with all those people watching me", I said. "Look just go out there and have fun! I just want you to have fun okay love", she said. I nodded. "Okay mum. I will", I said smiling. "Okay good", she said as she kissed my forehead. "Perrie Edwards you're up next", the host said. I nodded. And I started to go up stage. But first I looked back at my mum. "Have fun babe", she said. I smiled.

I got into the stage. I could a lot of people looking at me. Then in the middle, there were four judges. I felt like my knees were trembling. But I took deep breathes. "Hello love, what's your name?", one of the judges said. "My name is Perrie Edwards", I said. "How old are you?", the other judge said. "I'm 17", I said. "Well what are you going to sing "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette", I said. "Okay go ahead", one of the judges said. Then I don't know what happened but I just sang! After I finished the song. I couldn't believe that I did it. I could see that one of the judges were amazed. "Wow you are incredible! I love your voice!", one of the judges said. "Thank you", I said. "I'm going to say yes", one judge said. "I'm going to say yes", the second judge said. "Thank you", I said. "I'm going to say no", the third judge said. I was a little sad. Well it was up to the last judge. I was scared and nervous! "I'm going to say yes", the last judge said. WHAT?!?!? Did I actually make it??!?!? "Thank you so much", I said. 

I exit the stage still in shock! I can't believe I made it! My mum gave me a big hug! "See I told you!", she said. Wow I can't believe I really made it! "Yes mum I made it!", I said smiling big. "So can I get my iPhone now?", I asked. My mum laughed. "Oh Perrie", she said.