Chapter 17 - Today's The Day

I woke up and I as stood up I look at my calender next to my bed, I see a bunch of x's but there was one spot that had circles and stars and arrows around it, I was wondering what it was. I looked closely and it said "Final". Final? OH RIGHT! It was the day. The day the girls and I were waiting for. Today was where either our lives will change forever or we unfortunately leave forever. 

Leigh-Anne woke up after and I quickly turned around. "Leigh-Anne today is the day!", I said.

"What about today?", Leigh-Anne asked.

"UGHHH", I said as I walked to my calender and took it down and showed it to Leigh-Anne. She was looking through the x's until she found the spot. Then her eyes widen.

"WOW TODAY IS THE DAY", she shouted. We both screamed of excitement and we hugged each other and then we heard a knock on the door. I quickly went to open it and it was Jesy and Jade screaming of excitement as well and all screamed and hugged each other.

:"TODAY IS THE DAY", we shouted all together. Then the host walked past us and came back quickly.

"Girls!", he said loudly. We all turned to the door and looked at him.

"Save your voices for tonight", he said seriously then he let out a chuckle. We laughed.

"Right", Jade said. Then he left.

"Alright girls, it's time to practice", I said. 

"Yes, and prepare for tonight Perrie", Jesy said.

"Huh?", I said confusingly. I was very confused. What about me? 

"Just focus on the show, tonight sweetie", Leigh-Anne said. I was still confused. What are they talking about?

After we finally got dressed and we went to the cafeteria to eat some breakfast. We were enjoying our last day here. I got a phone call from mum, she said she was coming here with my brother and they couldn't wait to see me. I was pretty excited about tonight. I was looking at the girls, who were laughing and having a great time, I was really going to miss this. I got so close to the girls and they helped me through everything, I'm so glad they became part of my life.

"You know, whatever happens, I just want to say, that it was an honor being with you guys as a group and as best friends", I said smiling.

"Oh Perrie, we are too. I'm so glad I met you guys", Jesy said.

"And whatever happens, we'll always be together", Leigh-Anne said.

"Right", Jade said. It was a teary moment, it really was.

Finally we got ready and we practiced all day until tonight.

***

It was finally the night, the girls and I were backstage and we were getting ready for our first round. 

"And next up, Little Mix", the host said. 

"Alright girls we got this, we can do this", Jesy said. We all took deep breaths and we went on stage and did all what we got. After our performance we were standing there waiting for the judge's response.

"Great show girls", one judge said. 

"Best performance yet", another one said.

"You guys are up for the next round", another one said.

We couldn't believe it! We actually made it. The girls and I quickly ran backstage and we were hugging each other and were just super excited.

***

After 3 rounds and a couple eliminations later, we were still in, and this was out last one. We were finally getting ready to give them the best show ever. We were backstage and we were waiting for our turn. 

"Alright girls, this is it", I said.

"Yes, and we also have someone we want you to see", Jesy said. I was confused. 

"Come here", Jade shouted. And in the darkness came a tall boy with hazel eyes and handsome face and yes, it was Zayn. 

"Oh no", I said trying to leave but Jade and Leigh-Anne tried to stop me. 

"No, Perrie, you guys have to talk about it", Jade said.

"But-", I said.

"But nothing, come on Perrie, we'll be in the back if you need anything", Leigh-Anne said. Then the girls left.

Zayn looked at me and he smiled, "You look beautiful".

"What do you want Malik?", I said.

"I just want to talk", he said.

"About? Oh, right, you breaking my heart and all, no thank you, I've had enough", I said.

"You actually believe them and not me?", he said.

"After all, we were set up with management", I said.

"Perrie", he said as he grabbed my hand and hold it, "I love you, I loved you from the start, yes management set us up but I saw how different you are from all the other girls, I just want to be with you and only you, forever".

"But that girl-", I said.

"She's nothing to me, just a friend, I only want you, so please Ms. Edwards, be mine again, babe?", he said. 

I was shocked and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it made me tear up a bit. "Oh Zayn, yes", I said as I hugged him. He hugged me back tightly.

I pulled back and looked at him in those beautiful eyes and I said, "I love you".

"I love you, too", he said as he gave me a kiss on the lips, it was so passionate. 

"AWWWWWWWW", I could hear from the back. The girls. We pulled away.

"30 seconds", the host said.

"Let's go girls", Leigh-Anne said.

"You better go, and good luck, I know you'll do great", he said. Then he looked at the girls, "Good luck girls".

"Thanks Zayn", the girls said.

"10 seconds", the host said.

"Alright let's go and do this", I said. Finally we went on stage and we did the best we could and we felt that we did perfectly well.

***

We were standing with all the other contestants.

"Here I have the results", the host said as he hold up an envelope. And he opened it. The girls and I were nervously waiting as he opened the envelope.

"And the winner is..", he said.

We were all holding hands tightly and in my head the memories came since the beginning I came here. 

"Little Mix", he said.

DID HE REALLY JUST SAY LITTLE MIX. We couldn't believe it! The girls and I were jumping and screaming all over the place, we got in a group hug. And we looked at the crowd who was clapping for us, we were smiling so big and on the side of the stage I saw Zayn smiling at me and giving me two thumbs up, I just smiled at him back and looked at the girls again and we formed into a group one more time. 

Finally when we got backstage I immediately went to Zayn and I hugged him so tightly and kissed him again. "You did great!", Zayn said. I looked at him and smiled.

"WE WON", Jade shouted. 

"YAY!", We all shouted.

"Alright girls, congratulations, are you girls ready to change your life?", The host said. 

The girls and I looked at each other and looked at the host and we all said, "YEAH!".