Trouble Maker

Keeping track of where Nahuel was running seemed to be getting harder and harder as the seconds rolled by. He was fast for hybrid. If it wasn't for his scent I knew I wouldn't have known where he had gone. 

After a while, I just gave up running in my human form and phased. Ness wasn't far behind me when I realised he was heading towards La Push. What is he trying to do? I thought. He was heading away from the mountains and more towards the roads and down land, where they were fewer animals to track. I hadn't forgotten he was only making a special effort to only drink from animals for Ness, but I didn't think he was going after humans. He was going the wrong way to hunt humans. But if he thought I was going to let him over the treaty line without anything to say, he could rethink it again, because it wasn't happening! 

I kept trying to find a scent of any animal nearby, thinking maybe that was what he was going after, but all I could find was the scent of my pack, deep in La Push forest. I kept my mind quiet while running. They couldn't hear me from this far away if my thoughts were quiet enough, but I could still hear there's. Leah, Seth and Embry were on patrol, though Seth was heading home for the night. 

Realising Nahuel was heading for the border between Forks and La Push, where the treaty line began; I took a quick short cut and got there before Nahuel did. As he ran towards the border, he looked over his shoulder and saw Ness behind him and then came to a skidding halt seeing me standing before him. 

"Get out of the way," he hissed, looking me in the eye. 

I growled back at his tone of voice, lowering my body closer to the ground, showing him I meant every movement. My eyes stayed locked on his, seeing them narrow.  

"Get out of my way mutt!" he shouted and as Ness reached his side.  

I snarled back at him loudly, enough Leah and Embry had heard me and were starting to shout questions in my head. I tried to ignore them as my ears went flat against my head with my teeth bared. 

"You can't go over the treaty line, Nahuel," Ness explained. "It's the rules. Only I and my mother can." 

He looked Ness in the eye, smirking cockily. "Rules? Pffh. No rules keep me from doing what I want," he said confidently in a mocking laugh. "I want a descent dinner; and its right over that line." 

He tempted to get past me again when Ness grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back towards her.  

"What is it? I'll get it," she said calmly, though I could see his cockiness was starting to get on her nerves. She had never gone for the guys who tried to impress her - which was just the very thing Nahuel was trying to do, failing epically time and time again. 

I could hear Embry and Leah not far away now. They stood on the hill just above where I was, staring at me and then towards Nahuel and Ness.  

'Jacob, what is going on?' Leah asked in an even tone, as I watched a crooked and smug smile appear over Nahuel's features upon her arrival. "That wolf," he said, looking at Leah and then to Ness. His eyes were dark with bloodlust. 

He had known where he was going the whole time. He had smelt Embry and Leah out here and they had been the prey he had been going after. If I had known from the start, I wouldn't have let him this close to res. He was an obvious threat to everyone around here, including my people and pack. Why had the Cullens' let him come here? He was just trying to cause trouble for us all. He may want to help Ness with the Volturi, but I thought he was more harm than help. 

'Leah, get out of here, now,' I thought in a deep tone, keeping my eyes fixed on Nahuel. Ness was looking between the two of us, not knowing what to do. She was nervous and worried. Not knowing what this may come to.