A Lavish Banquet

I open the door to find the strange elf... creature... man that helped us in the forest. 

I say,"You're here too." 

"I'm here to walk you down to the banquet," he said in a very formal voice. 

"I am pretty sure I would have found the place by myself but thank you," he gives me a smile and offered his arm for me to take. 

"Well you look very beautiful."

"Thank you," I say. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude earlier. My name is Krista."

"Yes princess, I know." 

"Yes well I don't know your name." He looks at me with a look I can't read. 

"My name is Eallard."

"E-erlu-u-urd...? I don't think I said that right," I say shyly.

"It is alright. Royals can't usually get it right on the first try but you will get there in time." The rest of the walk out of the chamber hall was silent with the exception of the sounds of my shoes.

"Are the sounds of my shoes annoying to you by any chance?"

"No princess, it is normal I would say."

"I'm just not used to having my shoes make so much noise."

"Do not worry, you will get used to it." 

"Thanks for your words of encouragement and I very much appreciate what you did for us there. I have a few questions though."

"Whatever you need princess, I am here to serve you."

"Yes well first of all I would very much appreciate it if you stopped calling me princess."

"Of course your majesty-" 

"-you should I call me Krysta. With what happened it only makes sense we're comfortable around each other even though it was kind of awkward." 

"Yes Krista..."

"Oh and please don't be so formal. You know it makes me uncomfortable. Anyway I was wondering when Kairo said that we should get going before 'they find us'? Who is 'they' and I don't think anyone should be looking for me and if they are I would very much like to know why!" 

"Well Krista your questions will be answered tonight..."

Not going to lie I am very nervous since everyone around here seems to think I am a princess! I think I will keep this a secret for now; unless some other weird thing happens and I need to say that I am totally confused, nervous, scared, and other not happy emotions. The rest of the way to the banquet was hall quiet with the exception of my shoes clanking against the hard tiled floor; which was very clean. I still can't believe that this is happening! It all seems so unreal but trust me I am not dreaming! Already tried to make myself wake up and well let's just say there might be a permanent bump on my head. 

There are two large mirrors on either side of the hall right before the banquet hall doors. Under each one there is a small stand with flowers decorating them. I have never seen such beautiful flowers! Well, where I come from there aren't any flowers, so I couldn't help but to do what people in those weird magazines that I find do; I go up and try to smell them. I thought these particular flowers would smell amazing but I wasn't right, they have a strange smell but it's not pleasant. Don't get me wrong they are not unpleasant, I guess they're just not my style. 

As a matter of fact I can't help but to feel that for some reason we traveled back in time. All these things seem very familiar for some reason; most of the things I have read in old books and seen in paintings... it's all kind of familiar for some reason. I turn around ready to face the one person who seems to be babysitting me but I wasn't expecting Kairo's face this close to mine(he's not that close but it still startled me). There is a light shade of red on his cheeks and I can see small droplets of sweat forming around his hairline, his hands seem to be shaking ever-so-slightly.  I need to say that I am totally confused, nervous, scared and other not happy emotions, but instead I just keep quiet and look around myself as a distraction. It all seems so unreal but trust me... I am NOT dreaming; already tried to make myself wake up and let's just say they're might be a permanent bump on my head. Anyway I think there's a monster behind me since I have never seen Kairo this way before.