Chapter 45: Tao's Departure

Tao's POV

Flashback: A year ago before leaving EXO

I was left inside the hotel thinking about what Li Xui Huan said. Follow what I want? Do what my heart says? What does it say? From the first time I entered SME up until now, I know I want this. I wanted to be famous and show my capabilities that my family failed to see. I want my parents, for once be proud of me. But, do I really want this? Does my heart really do?

I don't know. I'm starting to think twice.

I saw my phone ringing and I got a call from Yin. Yin, I thought I love you. I'm sorry; maybe I wasn't sure about it too.

"Tao..." I heard her sob from the other line. What's wrong?

"Yin, are you okay? Where are you?"

"Tao, it's too late. She left. I wasn't able to say goodbye. Mom's gone now Tao." She cries.

That's when I knew, her Mom died.

Flashback: 6 months before leaving EXO

"Tao, let's go eat something. I'm starving!" Sehun chimes as he walks carelessly out of the practice room.

"Yup, let's eat. This practice is seriously killing me." Kyungsoo added. He's right. Since we are preparing on our world tour, we've been rehearsing for months like crazy.

"No. Let's finish this." Kai stops us.

"Kai, you should rest." Suho puts his hand on Kai's shoulder but he ignored it.

"No, the choreographer said we should finish this and we will." Of course we know how strict Kai is when it comes to practice but it's no longer right.

"Kai, please back off." I said without thinking that made everyone look at me. They all know I crossed Kai's line this time.

"Hyung, Back off?! I've been doing this for us. I wanted to show the Fans that we are worthy for them. I wanted us to be the best star for them and you tell me to back off?! Fine. I'll back off." Kai slammed his feet and then angrily walks out of the room. Oh gosh, I'm tired.

"Not the best words Tao." Chanyeol shook his head in disappointment and then walks out following Kai.

Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chen, Xiumin and Lay decided to walk out too. Yin went near me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Tao, you should rest." And then walks out following the others.

Baekhyun and Suho decided to clean the room. Ugh. This is frustrating. I walked out of the room as well going to a place nobody usually goes.

I sat on a chair in an abandoned practice room. This has been our practice room the first time I first came in SME. Here, we shared laughter and tears together with the 12 members of EXO. Every single day, we share our sweats and aspiration to pursue our dreams to debut. We were transferred to another practice room after our debut and this became an abandoned place.

Just like how we transfer ourselves from this room, a little bit of happiness also vanished. Sometimes, I don't even see EXO as a team anymore. All I see are different people chasing schedules and performances just to earn money. Sometimes, we are more tired than happy. Sometimes, we are too weary to even pay attention on our wins. Yes, our first win was one of the best moments in our lives but as the months pass by, it was no longer about our wins. It became a weary choice on who would go forward and give a speech of thanks. We were too busy to even cry in pain when we get injured.