5: Alone Again

Abby's POV

"Hi, um, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but they said coma patients can hear voices, I'm Anna, and I want to let you know that the guy who hurt you, Mr. Anderson went to jail," Anna, I guess, said.

"Anna, the girls and I are going out for lunch, you wanna come?" another voice says after knocking on the door.

"Um, yeah," Anna says and I hear footsteps retreating away from me.

I'm trapped. Stuck in my head, wandering in dark circles. Let me just tell you it's lovely. Just kidding. This is terrible. I don't even know what day it is.

I hear the whirling of the machines, the sound of the heart rate monitor, the clicks and taps of the doors and carts. The greetings of families. But no family visits me. Anna has and very frequently.

The nurses talk to me sometimes while checking things but it doesn't help much.

The only good news is that Mr. Anderson went to jail.

Anna's POV

The girls decide to go to lunch and the mall.

We were sitting in In and Out burger.

"So when we get back, we have to film the finale again," Anna says.

"Oh yeah," someone agrees. That's as far as I listen. I zone out thinking of a different life.

There's this little girl with small pigtails, toddling across the kitchen floor. Her mother just a few feet away, cheering her on. The child makes it and the mother wraps her arms around her proud and lovingly. She kisses her cheek. Then the child runs away, giggling and hair bouncing in the motion.

"Anna? You okay?" Brittany asks nudging me.

"Yeah, um, sorry, I was thinking," I say snapping back to reality.

"It's fine, what were you thinking about?" Alexis asks.

"Nothing," I say sheepishly.

"It was Abby, right, Anna!" Ester says as heat rushes to my face.

"No," I say instantly avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, yes, it was, don't lie to us, we know," Ester points out.

"Fine, it's Abby," I admit.

"Ha, I knew it, you are always thinking of her," Ester says winning the fight.

"What are you gonna do?" Brittany asks seriously.

"I don't know," I say honestly.

"What do you want to do?" Anna asks.

"I'm not exactly sure," I say having no definite answer.

"If you were Abby what would you want?" Hana asks.

"I'm not sure, I can't relate at all, I think maybe I'd like to know but at this state, the odds of her surviving is very low," I say.

"But we all know she's a fighter," Brittany says trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah," I say before our food is called and we each pick up whatever we all ordered.

Abby's POV
"Abby, you have been here for a few days, three to be exact," Anna says, "it's been me and the girls have been visiting you, but now we have to go to work, but I'll come back during lunch if I can."

The door clocks shuts and I'm alone again.

A/n
Thanks. I know I'm sorry this is so short.

CQ:
Should I get a weekly schedule?