20: All The Tiny Moments

Anna's POV

I nervously pace back and forth awaiting my name getting called.

"Please welcome Anna Kendrick," I hear, I walk out in a tightly snug dress leaving Abby in the directors chair.

"Hello," I say taking a seat.

"Anna, so you just finished pitch perfect, can you tell us about it?" He asks.

"Yeah, its uh.." I say thinking about now the words that won't spoil it.

"Do you remember filming the movie?" David laughs.

"Yeah, it's about a group of college kids that sing acapella in a competition," I say.

"And acapella as in no instruments?" He clarifies.

"Yeah it's making music all with our mouths," I say trying to quote a line.

"Oh okay, so anyone can do that," he says.

"Well, no it takes some time to develop a scale like that," I say.

"But I could do it right?" He says.

"I guess so, can you sing?" I ask.

"Well no," he says.

"Then maybe not, yet," I say.

"Okay, so we have a clip from pith perfect, this is the riffoff, which is what?" He says.

"It's a small competition between the places on the college campus," I say.

"And how many are there?" He asks.

"Five I wanna say," I say making a mental note.

"Okay this is Anna Kendrick in Pitch Perfect," He says.

••••

"And we're back with Anna Kendrick," he says, "it's nice to have you here."

"It's nice to be here, thank you for inviting me," I say.

"Thank you for coming," he admits, "so while filming this there was a bit of a fright?" He says.

"Yeah, we were filming live performances and what happens is we gather all these extras for them. We had a theatre full of people. And of course we had seats personal. So when I kiss Skylar, or when my character kisses Jesse, we're in our seats. And there was this family behind the seats who obviously didn't care about their foster child. And that child had a heat stroke and fell like right in front of us," I explain. I swear during that whole time you could hear a pin drop, all eyes were on me.

"Okay, wait so this family just lets this child have a heat stroke. Would you rather not show others?" He says.

"I think so but that's not the point," I say.

"Yeah but they don't see to be very smart people," he rolls his eye.

"David not the point," I say louder.

"Okay, sorry I was just thinking," he apologizes, "alright go on, so oh are preforming live and this child had a heat stroke."

"Yeah so then we call the police and an ambulance and everything. I go in the ambulance and everything, they give me a bag. And in this bag way the sweat suit they had her wear. So it looks like a normal one but it's been stuffed with like three extra layers. Literally this family sewed in extra cloth," I say.

"Wow, and what of the child?" He asks.

"Well, so that's a long story but she's my daughter," I say.