13: Gripping Tightly

Anna's POV

It's been a few more weeks that Abby's been its me. And practically the same thing happens every day. I wake up around nine after a long night because like every night Abby has nightmares. Then I get dressed in causal clothes. Abby wakes up about an thirty minutes later, I bring her downstairs and she silently sucks her thumb while watching tv with
me. Then I get up and make breakfast.

I have to strap her in a chair to feed her each meal or even a snack. I try to have her eat three meals and two snacks. More like five bites a day. Each day I try to push her a little more. In between meals is just us laying around on the couch, online shopping and Doctor appointments. I can't necessarily just walk outside with Abby. There'd be so much speculation and noise she'd break down as well I would lose it.

Today was no different. Same wake up, same hour spend watching tv. I made  buttermilk pancakes from a mix. I put little cut up pieces in a bowl and tried to get Abby to eat.

She was sitting in this wonderful chair I bought from my time of online shopping. I brought two and so far this one's work the best as to containing her comfortably.

I just took off the tray because it doesn't really do anything for now

I just took off the tray because it doesn't really do anything for now. She doesn't eat so the best way is having me convince her to eat.

"Abby, look, it's a pancake made with buttermilk," I say waving a piece on a fork infront of her. She slowly opens her mouth.

"There you go, isn't that good," I coo at her. She slowly chews and swallows.

"Abby here try this one it has butter on it," I say waving another infront of her closed mouth. She turns away covering her mouth in the process. "Abby please eat this, please for me," I beg.

"I'm full," she says in a small voice.

"No, I bet you'd like this, see I'll take a bite," I say eating a small one to show her.

"I'm full," she says.

"Abby you need to eat honey. It's not good to be like this," I say.

"But I'm full," she complains as tears gather in her eyes.

"Honey, I'm sorry but you need to be healthy and you need to eat, what about soup? You want some soup?" I ask. She nods her head "no" looking down at her legs which were wrapped in blue signed casts. The right leg had a cast all the way up her thigh while her left only had one to her knee.

"Okay, how about yogurt? Or rice? A banana?" Eggs? An apple?" I suggest.

"No," she says shaking her head.