18: Forgiveness

Anna's POV

I speed down the street going the opposite way I came about two days ago.

"Mommy?" A voice says clearly from the backseat.

"Yeah?" I say not taking my eyes off the road.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"Home," I say.

"With Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Michael?" She asks.

"Yup," I say.

"Yay! We can give them our presents," she smiles.

"Yup," I say.

••••

We hurry to the house. I jump out of the car fast and open the back to get Abby. Then I sprint inside, rushing through the door.

"Anna?" My mom says.

"I'm sorry. I get it I'm sorry, I understand," I say setting Abby down and wrapping her in a tight hug.

"It's okay, we're sorry. We don't want to make Abby feel rejected. We love her and feel sympathetic for you," she says.

"Mom, its fine. I love taking care of her. She's walking now, she's shown more personality and she's amazing," I smile as Abby pokes Michaels chest to wake him up, even though he's fake sleeping.

••••

"Time for dinner," mom calls.

"Finally," Michael calls. Abby stands up and follows him to the kitchen. He helps her in her booster seat.

I take a seat in between my mom and Abby. We say grace and thank god for everything that's happened. Then we dig in to the amazing breaded chicken, twice baked potatoes, Caesar salad and alcohol. Well for Abby its sparkling cider.

After dinner we play Jenga. Abby loses a lot, she accidentally kicks the tower a lot.

"Alright lets open some presents?" Dad says.

"Really? Presents?" Abby jumps up.

"Yeah hun," mom says handing out little bundles.

"Mommy we get presents she says happily.

"Yeah, come sit down," I say pulling her towards me.

"Can I open it?" She says wides eyed.

"Yes," I say. She tears at the corner of the wrapping. It takes her a minute but she gets it open to see the clothes my parents bought her along with a build a bear medical costume.

Abby's POV

I wake up the next morning and shake Mommy awake. I'm hungry.

"What?" She rolls over.

"It's the morning," I say.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah and it's Christmas," I say.

"Oh yeah," she says sitting up quickly.

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"We go downstairs and eat and celebrate," she tells me.

"Oh good I'm hungry," I say.

"You're definitely my daughter," she laughs.

"Yeah," I agree as she gets out of bed.

"Well come here lets get your braces on," she says. I crawl towards her.

"Okay," she says picking me up. She sets me on blanket on the floor and changes me and puts my braces on.

Mommy stands me up and we head downstairs for breakfast. Grandma and Grandpa were in the kitchen making pancakes and eggs, uncle Michael was in the living room going through his stocking.

"Hey buddy, you wanna see what Santa brought you?" Uncle Michael asks me.

"Yeah," I say letting go of Mommy's hand. She goes to get some coffee.

Uncle Michael lifts me up to reach by stocking. It's labeled Abigail Elizabeth. We lay the contents on the ground. It's filled with candy, socks, money, hair ties, and a few small toys.

"Look mommy!" I say showing her the candy.

"Wow can I have one?" She asks.

"Yes," I say handing her a gold one.

"Thank you, you want some breakfast?" She asks.

"Sure," I say.

"Alright first meds," she says pulling out three bottles. Carefully measuring them before letting me swallow them all. She gives me some milk after I drink the last one.

"Michael time for some breakfast," grandma calls.

He takes his seat and everyone joins us at the table with bowls filled with freshly made food. The table was already set so everyone piled food on their plates and began eating.

After breakfast, we went to church the opened a lot of presents. I opened a lot of toys and clothes.

It was so much fun. Christmas is officially my favorite holiday.

I definitely loved how much fun it was to be around people who love me. And I love them.

A/N

Thanks for reading. Sorry so short: I'm trying to wrap up the book.

CQ: favorite part of Christmas?