14: Someday

Abby's POV

Today we're going to the doctors to get my cast off. I have two but the smaller one comes off to day. Mommy said then I'll have to do physical therapy, but it wasn't very hard last time. We just worked on strengthening my muscles. I'm gonna be strong, someday.

"Abby, time to eat," Mommy calls. She comes and sets me in this stupid chair which I hate. It's dumb and annoying.

"What do you want for breakfast?" She asks.

"Um, mashed potatoes and gravy!" I say.

"Okay give me like twenty minutes," she says getting out two mixes and two pans.

"Can I watch my show?" I ask.

"Yeah," she says. Then she tries and somehow successfully lifts up and chair I'm in and carries it to the family room where the show was still playing.

"Thank you," I say.

"Don't move," she laughs.

"That's not funny!" I yell.

"I know I'm sorry," she says from the kitchen.

••••

"Okay, eat this," she says shoving a spoonful through my closed lips.

I eat one bite. It takes really nice. But I'm never hungry and it upsets Mommy and makes me mad.

I swallow and she shoves another bite in my mouth. She forces me to eat it and when I swallow she has me take a drink of Milk. Then another bite. I try my best to eat and drink whatever but it's hard. Some part of my mind says no. Some part says yes. And they bicker back and forth. 

I finish the small bowl and Mommy gives me a warm hug and kiss. She was very proud and I was too.

"Now let's get you dressed," she says carrying me upstairs. She is stronger than I thought which scares me but is also surprising. I'm scared she'll hurt me or hopeful she'll protect me.

She changes my diaper and puts me in a green dress with a white zip up jacket that has a hood. Also she pulls my hair in a half ponytail with a green hair tie.

Mommy gets dressed in jeans and a red and black flannel with boots and a black tank top. She curls her hair and puts on makeup. I used to put on makeup to cover up my wounds. She doesn't have any owies why does she wear makeup.

"Mommy? Why do you wear makeup?" I ask from her bed.

"It makes me camera ready," she says.

"You don't wear it to cover up your owies?" I ask.

"No, makeup is to make you camera ready," she says sitting next to me.

"Can I have some makeup to be camera ready?" I ask.

"Sure, here arms up," she says carrying me to the bathroom and setting me on the counter.

"I'll be camera ready like you," I say and she smiles and laughs her little laugh at me.

"Yes, now can you make an 'O' with your lips?" She says and I do. She puts on something called lip gloss and something called blush that has glitter in it.