17: Hotel Christmas

Anna's POV

I find myself heading towards my best friends house but I make a left and head to the nearby hotel.

I park and quickly get out without hesitation. I open then back door to find Abby peacefully sleeping.

I can just imagine her as a baby. The tiny nose inhaling and exhaling as she has a little bit of drool run down the side of her little pale face. I wish every day that I never gave her up. And I hadn't missed the last four years of her first word, step, food, discipline, haircut, everything.

All the firsts were gone just in a snap of a finger because my family said yes.

I should have stood in front and said no. But they took her. And I couldn't manage to speak up.

This is now when I realize my makeups running and snow is coming into the car.

I unbuckle Abby and lift her on my hip while I balance shutting the car door.

I walk in the front door of the hotel looking for the receptionist.

"Hello? How can I help you?" he asks.

"I'm wondering if you have any available rooms?" I ask.

"Yes we have a few, how long will you be staying?" He asks.

"A week," I answer.

"Okay here's your key cards, room 547, fifth floor," he says.

"Thanks," I say taking the cards and heading towards the elevator.

Once I get to our room, I tuck Abby into a bed. Before hurrying downstairs to get our two bags.

After settling in, I lay on the opposite bed thinking of the possibility of giving Abby the worst first Christmas.

I've ditched my family. I've given up on going to my best friends. I have no other friends around. I don't wanna fly home. But I'm stuck in a hotel with Christmas in a few days.

"Mommy?" I hear a sleepy voice coming from the other bed.

"Yeah," I say turning to see her.

"Where are we?" she asks.

"We're in a hotel," I say.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because my parents and I are having some problems," I say.

"Oh, it's okay, I'm sure they love you," Abby says.

"Thank you," I smile at her.

"No problem," she says moving her legs around to get off the bed and walk over to where I'm laying.

I pull her up on the bed and she crawls into my arms.

"Hey, mommy?" She asks.

"Yeah?" I say admiring her beautiful brown eyes.

"You know I love you," she says.

"I love you too," I smile at her and giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.