11) Adam & tea partys

Summer's Pov

Me and mommy were playing a very complicated board game when we heard a knock at the door. Mommy smiled a little and opened the door. A man was standing in the doorway holding a bouquet of flowers. This must be Adam. He kissed mommy on the lips.

"Gross!" I exclaim. They turn back to look at me. Adam smiled and kneeled down to my level.

"And you must be Summer." I nod and he handed me a flower. I was a little shy around Adam at first but I'm a people person now so I warmed up to him pretty quickly. "Summer if you don't mind me asking, why are we in your room?" He asked after I had dragged him up the stairs.

"Tea party," I said "put this hat on and... This scarf." He put the hat and scarf on.

"So, how do I look?"

"Gorgeous, darling!" I heard laughter coming from the door. Mommy had taken a picture of us and was laughing.

"I see you two are having fun." She said in between laughing.

"We're having a blast." Adam said. Mommy nodded.

"Well can I join this tea party?" She asked. I grinned.

"Of course! We can all have the best tea party ever!" I said excitedly. Mommy sat next in between me and Adam on the other side of the small table. Neither of their legs would have fit under the table if they used chairs. So they just sat on the floor. And we all drank fake tea out of little plastic teacups until blue ruined it by jumping on the table and knocking everything off. Then we had dinner and I put my pajamas and then Adam had to leave. He would have stayed the night but he had some sort of important meeting early in the morning.

"Bye Summer." He said hugging me.

"Bye bye Adam." I said rubbing my eyes and yawning. Mommy gave Adam a quick kiss goodbye and he left.

"I told you he was your boyfriend!" I said. Mommy started chasing me around the living room. I screamed playfully as she caught me.

"The tickle monsters got you now!" She said tickling me. I giggled and tried to free myself.

"Never!" I said as I broke free and ran for the stairs. I jumped into my bed and mommy came running right behind me. She sat on the side of my bed. "Ah-ha! The tickle monster has been defeated." I said, but Mommy was so out of breath, all she could do was nod. She tucked me in and kissed my forehead.

"Good night mommy." I said.

"Good night bug." She turned out the lamp next to the bed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
--------------------------------
My eyes shot open and I looked around the room. I couldn't move my arms or legs, only my head. I saw something near the closet. It was a black shadowy figure. I tried to scream but I couldn't. The dark figure moved closer and closer until it was standing right about my bed. It became harder to breathe. my feet started twitching and then I could move my arms and legs. The figure disappeared and I ran into mommy's room. I shook her arm until she woke up. "What's wrong?" She asked, pulling me in for a hug.

"Black shadow. Couldn't move. Or breathe."

"It was probably a dream. But tell me if It happens again." I nodded. "Now try going back to sleep. I'm right here." She said. I relax and my breathing slows down. I felt warm and cozy in mommy's arms and soon I went back to sleep.
-----------------------------
Poor summer :( thanks for reading